Buying a phono preamp under $500, and why we need another thread about them

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by spacecoyote, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

I posted that link to the one listed in the classifieds. I have nothing to do with the sale, but I do own a Lounge. I use it in my second system with great results.
    $250 is a nice price for this preamp. :righton:

Also, if you are interested in spending more, you can contact @morinix and get a "Silver" edition of the LCR. Or message him and he might be able to explain the options a little better.

bluemooze, Big Blue and spacecoyote like this.
  2. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Looks like $450 for the silver version brand new from the Lounge site, which is still under budget and probably the way I would go if I was buying a Lounge LCR.

bluemooze and 500Homeruns like this.
  3. Vinyl is final

Vinyl is final Not Insane - I have a sense of humor

Well, I love mine. I mostly listen to it through headphones through the computer while at the computer. I'm sure if I a/b compare it to other pre-amps I'd hear a clear difference, but I don't. Funny thing is that I use two cartridges with it and though they sound different, I like 'em both: The AT cartridge that came with it and an AT 15SA.

I think I'm just not as particular as I used to be.

BTW, for more "critical" listening, I use my other TT's plugged into the main Hi-Fi. But I really don't "critically" listen much any more. I just enjoy the music. However, I'm quite particular about the brand of Scotch I drink while listening.

4. hagtech

hagtech Jim Hagerman

If you want a tube stage, check out the Cornet3. True contender in this space. Of course, it is only MM, so keep that in mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.