Buying CDs online - which stores use sturdy packaging with digipaks & cardboard sleeves?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by andrewhh, Sep 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewhh

andrewhh Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you could recommend some online CD stores that do a really good job of packaging their orders to prevent damage during shipping?

I live in Australia, and my experience with some of the big international online stores is that their packaging doesn't protect against damage one the long journey down here if the CD is in a digipak or has a cardboard sleeve. I have received many such CDs in flimsy padded envelopes, which usually means stubbed corners and a damaged spine.

It seems like more CDs are being packaged like this lately and, at the same time, fewer CDs are being released on the Australian market. For example, the three new Paul McCartney reissues can only be purchased here on vinyl (although I used to love vinyl, I gave it up decades ago and don't want to go back now).

Anyway, this means that I need to find an online store where I can order CDs and be confident that they will turn up in one piece. I'd really appreciate it if you can suggest any stores that have great packaging and can share your positive experiences!

Thanks,
    Andrew.

ispace likes this.
  2. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

That's why I hate that cardboard packaging. If I wanted bent corners and a damaged spine I'd order the vinyl.

3. Cduniverse use to, you can inquire

4. Audionerd

Audionerd Forum Resident

I've had good luck with Elusive Disc in the U.S. They're not the lowest cost, but they've always packed my orders extremely well, bubble wrapped and in a box instead of the awful padded envelopes.

Being in Australia, have you tried CDJapan? Might be less expensive to ship, though a much more limited selection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.