C2600 paired with monoblock MC275

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by RSalltubes, Mar 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSalltubes

RSalltubes Active Member Thread Starter

Just wanted to get someone's opinion on what they think pairing the McIntosh C2600 with mono blocked MC275 are. Yes I have already spent the money and I'm in the process of breaking them in along with my new Tannoy Arden speakers as i type this so it's a little late to go back now.
    This is my first hifi set up so i dont have anything to compare this set up to but after about 75 hours of listening time I'm having a hard time believing its a bad combination because my music has never sounded so good. Like I said I have no experience to know if I should have went a different route.
    Just was hoping for some feed back and to see if anyone out there has the same set up. Thanks

Rick58 likes this.
  2. Clay B

Clay B Forum Resident

I haven’t heard the Ardens but have read great things about them. Very familiar with the McIntosh which I like quite a bit (I have C-22 into Mc275 VI). I think you’d be hard pressed to screw up the combination you’ve chosen. Bet it sounds great. And, anyway, it’s a long dog sled ride back to the Hi-Fi store!

Looked Ketchikan up on Wikipedia. 153 inches of rain a year plus snow........holy cow!

RSalltubes likes this.
  3. RSalltubes

Yes I believe that I could have done worse. From what I've been told I think I'm not quite halfway through the break in time (-100hrs) and if things start to sound better than they already do it could rain twice as much and I wouldn't even notice. Lol

Rick58 likes this.
  4. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

That should awesome.

Did you have any guidance/help in set up from anybody with more experience then you, just to make sure all connections are right, placement is proper, etc? Not that I'm assuming you couldn't get it right yourself, but given your comments regarding your newness to audio, and the level that you have entered at(high) it might be wise.

In any event, have a blast. Sure wouldn't mind seeing a picture or two of the set up.

5. RSalltubes

Not much on guidance. Before buying anything I read a lot about different products. I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of Sopra 2's and still believe that they would have also been a great choice. I'm getting up there in age and have a soft spot for the vintage look I guess. The Tannoy with the 15" driver felt right for some reason. I was concerned that they would be to big for the space but they sound great. But like I said I don't have any references to compare with but sitting here listening to them now its hard to believe im missing out on much. I haven't turned the the system up past 35 yet and not sure it it needs to be. New to the forum so I will try to figure out how to post pictures. Thanks for the reply .
    I did call the service department at McIntosh to double check I wasn't about to blow up my little apartment lol

Rick58 likes this.
  6. RSalltubes

7. RSalltubes

Cant figure out how to post pictures from my phone

8. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Use a photo sharing site, like Postimage.org — free image hosting / image upload I send my pics on my phone to my email, download them onto laptop, then upload them to the site. Then you can use the direct link feature to copy the image and paste it here.

There very well could be an easier way, but this works well for me.

RSalltubes likes this.
  9. Mark broadhead

Mark broadhead Forum Resident

I think big Tannoy DC’s are great music makers. They are end game speakers for many of those who use them, including myself.

RSalltubes likes this.
  10. RSalltubes

I have been listening to them for probably about one hundred hours or so and they sound as good as I had hoped they would. Could you tell me about how long it took for yours to fully break in? On my set up I haven't turned the system up past 35 percent yet. I'm not even sure if that's loud enough to actually break them in. Everything is new so it's all breaking in together and I'm enjoying every hour of it.

11. RSalltubes

It s hard to believe that it could sound much better than it does already.

12. Mark broadhead

Mine were not bought new, they are Tannoy Golds in York corner cabs. However after 100 hrs your Ardens should have the surrounds well freed up by now. They can play at serious volumes with low distortion, their popularity in studios over the years bears this out.

Rick58 likes this.
  13. RSalltubes

Do you think the volume level makes any difference in break in time? I'm asking because where I'm currently living I can't get away with turning them up past 30 percent maybe 35. The drivers are barely moving at all. But even between 15 and 20 percent they sound great to me and fill my place up with great music. I bought these in anticipation of moving into a larger place in the future.
    I heard about the pair you have and I'm betting they sound amazing. I'm now a fan of the Tannoy speakers and hopefully one day I will be able to step up into the elite status.
    Thank you for your input.

14. Mark broadhead

Hey your Ardens are very good indeed by all accounts. The big Tannoy’s have more similarities than differences. Those 15 inch drivers don’t move like 6 inch cones so don’t worry if you have plenty of bass they should be run in. When your neighbors go away on holiday you can blow your mind...

15. RSalltubes

Haha the bass is definitely not lacking. Im still figuring things out. Right now I have one of the port plugs in and it sounds good but i might change things around just to see if it makes a difference. Like i said my place is a little on the smaller side. Definitely over kill lol

16. RSalltubes

I might take one of the amps out just to see what that sounds like also. Maybe lol

17. Congratulations on a great system. Just enjoy!

RSalltubes likes this.
  18. RSalltubes

As I'm typing this..thank you

19. RSalltubes

20. RSalltubes

21. RSalltubes

Sorry it took so long but I'm just getting around to having time to figure out how to do it

22. RSalltubes

23. RSalltubes

[​IMG]

trd likes this.
  24. RSalltubes

25. RSalltubes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.