Can DVD

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jeendicott, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeendicott

jeendicott Senior Member Thread Starter

Looks interesting. Has anyone heard/seen this (or the VHS box of which it's supposedly a reissue)?

http://www.mute.com/can/

The CAN saga continues with the 35th anniversary of the founding of the group, which will be marked by the November 24th release of the CAN DVD (available in PAL and NTSC).

Containing access to everything you could ever want to know about CAN with rare insights into the personalities and methodology of the groundbreaking and legendary German band, the 2xDVD and 1xCD set features:

CAN DOCUMENTARY
    CAN FREE CONCERT
    CAN NOTES
    CAN Solo Recordings
    New 5.1 mixes of classic CAN tracks
    + Many extra features
    The classic CAN DOCUMENTARY by Rudi Dolezal and Hannes Rossacher of Austrian program-maker DoRo Productions, covers the entire history of the band including classic and rarely seen TV performances.

The film, CAN FREE CONCERT, filmed by Robbie Müller and directed by Peter Przygodda is the film of a show which took place in front of 10,000 spectators in Cologne in 1972. The film was previously included alongside the CAN DOCUMENTARY in the longtime deleted CAN BOX 30th Anniversary VHS Limited Edition.

CAN NOTES is a new film compiled by Peter Przygodda, who edited most of Wim Wenders' films. CAN NOTES uses intimate, ‘behind the scenes' footage including images from the CAN Solo Projects Tour, taken by group manager Hildegard Schmidt from 1997 onwards.

The audio CD is 13-tracks of CAN Solo Recordings. 3 tracks from Irmin Schmidt & Kumo's Masters of Confusion, one from the Jaki Liebezeit & Burnt Friedman album Secret Rhythms plus two from Liebezeit's Drums Off Chaos project as well as four exclusive tracks from Holger Czukay and three live recordings of Michael Karoli's Sofortkontakt!

Extra features on this release are four new remixes in 5.1 Surround Sound - 'Half Past One' by Irmin Schmidt, 'Below This Level' by Jaki Liebezeit and 'Get The Can' and 'Smoke' by Holger Czukay - plus filmed studio footage of the remix process; a short film made by Brian Eno to mark CAN's Echo Lifetime Achievement Award and footage from the Echo Awards ceremony itself including Herbert Groenemeyer's introductory speech and award presentation by The Red Hot Chili Peppers plus an extensive photo gallery and a complete discography with tracklistings and release dates and a weblink to an exclusive Can site where photos and interviews can be downloaded and printed out.

2. Togo

Togo Same as it ever was

I'm getting this as a Christmas gift from my lovely wife, so I will report back on this interesting DVD release after the holidays!!! :cool:

3. Xyzzy

Xyzzy New Member

Wow, thanks for posting this. I'll have to pick up a copy right away.

4. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.