Can it be the reason why Uriah Heep never were taken seriously....

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by antonkk, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

You're right on the single. Thanks.

Bonus tracks. This is where they're putting everything including the kitchen sink. Yes, it's on one of the remasters that I just heard "Why".

2. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

I found it streaming on Apple. Listening now. "Sweet Morning Light", first song.

3. All this talk of Hensley and The Gods have not been mentioned yet (counting Mick Taylor and Greg Lake also as one time members)
    Under-appreciated UK psych

The Gods - To Samuel a Son (1969)

steve phillips and Zeki like this.
  4. Let's not forget the great, but woefully named early UK progressives Toe Fat with Hensley and Kerslake
    with the great great Cliff Bennett on Vocals:
    (debuting at the time the unreleased Elton John tune Bad Side of the Moon) (produced by the legendary UK DJ John Peel)

Toe Fat - Toe Fat [1970]

steve phillips and Zeki like this.
  5. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Wow. Okay, I'm going to enjoy listening to these, too.

6. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

Wonderworld is my current favorite, I have almost all their releases and have really been getting into this one lately. I think I need to pick up a good vinyl reissue of this.

7. steve phillips

steve phillips Forum Resident

Just for the record, I didn't think your post was negative at all. Just honest. Thanks for your detailed input to this great thread.

8. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

This is pretty interesting. That title track is pretty cool. Hensley isn't singing, that's for sure. And I doubt he wrote the lyrics.

9. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Is Hensley just on guitar on this? You are absolutely right when you say "woefully named".

10. steve phillips

Good stuff. I'll point this out. They do a cover of Three Dog Night's version of "Nobody" released on TDN's first album in 1968. Way cool to me.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  11. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

I've been reading through some of the album reviews for Living The Dream. All very favorable.

"Tucked mischievously away at the back end of Uriah Heep’s 25th studio album, Falling Under Your Spell could well be the best song the British legends have written since the early 70s."

Uriah Heep - Living The Dream album review

I listened to this all the way through twice now. It really is a good one. No filler.

carlwm likes this.
  12. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I really like their last album but for me Heep was the best in the 70s. I think their greatest hits album (with the black cover) is EXCELLENT.

13. steve phillips

The Best of Uriah Heep is a good comp also. That was the first album I had that had "Bird of Prey" on it, which inspired me to get the first album.

Rufus rag likes this.
  14. qrarolu

qrarolu Forum Resident

I don't find this more silly than a lot of other guys who has entered the stage through the years.

Rufus rag likes this.
  15. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Time has been kind to them imo, as both "Demons and Wizards" and "The Magician's Birthday" have some really strong material that still holds up, as well as two fantastic album covers.

danielbravo likes this.
  16. Jerk The Handle

Jerk The Handle Electrician

Heep had some of the best and funniest album covers of rock. The man who has mold or spidersilk over his face, the snake with human eyes, a horned gorilla-demon...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.