Can we talk about WWII era music?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SITKOL'76, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

A few collections on French and German songs I can recommend from this era (all available on amazon):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the ways -- perhaps the dominant way -- that music was marketed between 1930 and 1955, say, was through the appearance of music in films.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    William Smart likes this.
  2. Einar Einarsson Kvaran

Einar Einarsson Kvaran King of his castle

Sometimes for folks just getting into the Big Band era music it is easier to go with vocal tunes rather than just the instrumental ones. So there are lots of good songs, many have already been mentioned, but I have not caught (which is to say, they might be here but . . . ......) are Spike Jones classic "Der Fuehrer's Face" and (opinion) a much less known Woody Guthrie opus, "Miss Pavlichenko", an ode to a Russian sniper who, "killed 300 nazis with her gun." Maybe it was only 200. For a great CD that features lots of poppin' vocals and a big band that just won't quit, I'll recommend this one.
    [​IMG]

Runicen likes this.
  3. Steve...O

Steve...O Forum Resident

If the Bear Family of old were still in existence I'd love to see them tackle comprehensive sets of the Andrews Sisters. Their output in the CD ere has always seemed lacking in terms of high quality comprehensive releases.

4. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Absolutely! Me too!

Steve...O likes this.
  5. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Can we talk about WWII era music?

No.

Too soon...

:):)

Runicen and JoeF. like this.
Thread Status: