Canare 4s11G. Is there a better cable?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Leo Tos, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

Hmm, I’ve used and still have the Canare speaker cable in question. I think they are pretty good…and exceptional for the price but I gotta say that I like the Audience Ohno and Black Cat Coppertone Flatwave cables more, much more. I still hang on the Canare’s as there is no way I could get out of them what they are worth sound wise…they will stay in my Xtra’s box for now.

2. rockness87

rockness87 Forum Resident

Leo, I'm in your exact same position. After some research I'm seriously looking at Neotech. They are expensive BUT copper is of the highest quality (occ), the same for dielectric, and most of them are solid core. Their wires are probably the best in the world and are used in some very expensive cables. My only concern is that they don't publish specs (I fear some weird geometry can f..k up some parameters)... Probably I will try the NAS 3002 (Neotech NES-3002: Multistrand Copper Speaker Cable | HIFICollective ) since I found a used pair at a good price and see how it compares to the canare

Leo Tos likes this.
  3. rockness87

Audience Ohno for example are made with Neotech occ (Ohno) wire

Leo Tos likes this.
  4. Leo Tos

Leo Tos Forum Resident Thread Starter

Well. I was thinking about Neotech cable too, but can't find an acceptable price yet. These cables are still exotic and some people don't like that they are made in Taiwan. But these are very high-tech cables. If I find a reasonable price, I will also buy some of the Neotech UP-OCC series cables.

5. MarkD51

MarkD51 Audio Maniac

Again, and after 972 posts, who sells Canare 4S11"G"?! Nobody knows I take it. LOL

This Hoffman forum is a very "funny place" it appears.

Tajo1960 likes this.
  6. mkane

mkane Strictly Analog

7. rockness87

Have you tried searching on ebay? You will find a guy in europe selling them for a reasonable price

8. rockness87

They are the only manufacturer of occ copper ohno. They sell their copper wires to a lot of other cable companies.

9. Tajo1960

Tajo1960 Tajo = tayo (tata, dad ~ in slang)

I have Canare 75 Ohm digi cables in my system, so I know they are an OK brand.
    I haven’t read the whole topic, so I might ask something that has already been written (sorry for that).
    Have you tried changing electronics to get a better response from the human voice?
    Your Yamaha and Marantz are OK devices, but ... maybe the reason for your dissatisfaction is in them?
    It is known that these 2 brands do not have the same sound stamp or sound character of sound. I would try replacing one of these components (I would replace Marantz first). But that’s just my thinking.
    OK, I see you're turning to Van Damme cables too. I had and tried them too. I even bought Van Damme strings for the audio system for my younger son and they were very good. But maybe not for what you are looking for!

Zappix likes this.
  10. SCM

SCM Senior Member

I moved my rack from between the speakers and off to the side and needed about 20 Ft of cable to do the job so I ordered these.

Here`s a snippet from the site:
    "The primary design features of the Furez Advanced Series In-Wall Speaker Cable are the use of multiple gauge stranding within a rope lay design of high strand count 99.997% OFHC C10100 Copper and the use of quality foamed polyethylene insulation (FPE). The design yields a clean balanced sound."

Going to use them bare...should be interesting.

timind and mkane like this.
  11. Jaxjax67

Jaxjax67 Samantha Fish @ small venue

I had a set of Mogami 3103 made up for me at performance audio. It's like $3. a foot plus terminations. Its good stuff......

Boltman92124 likes this.
  12. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

Keep us posted. Those look interesting, especially considering the price.

13. SCM

SCM Senior Member

The cables arrived in a 50Ft coil. I just cut them in half to make two 25 Ft runs.

I twisted the black and red wires together and then the green and white wires together.

I`m only 2 albums in and so far I`m very VERY pleased !
    The highs a just a touch on the bright side but I expected that honestly.

The mids sound great and the bass has more weight and heft while also more defined.

It`s not an apples to apples comparison and I`ll explain:

A few years ago I tried some Duelund dca 12 ga speaker wires but I preferred my then MIT 750 Music Hose cables.
    BUT I used the Duelund wire to make jumpers instead of the Revel bars and they have stayed in place ever since.
    I then moved to a set of AudioQuest Rocket 44`s but still left the Duelund jumpers in.

Once I moved the rack from in between the speakers and off to the side I needed much longer cables.

I had an old set of Monster thx 1000 speaker cable sitting around that is 20 ft in length so I plugged them in still using the Duelund jumpers and they didn`t sound good at all.
    Bright, splashy and thin.
    When the Furez cables showed up I was making a new set of jumpers using the Furez cable but decided to dig out the Revel supplied jumper bars and used them instead.

I don`t believe that these Furez cables on their own are making such a noticeable improvement especially in the bass and lower mid range over the MIT`s and AQ 44`s.

I think the Revel bars are a big contributor to what I`m hearing.

I was going to go with the Canare 4s11 cable but I liked the idea of the oxygen free copper used in the Furez better.

Highly recommended and they will only get better...Very Impressed:agree:

aorecords likes this.
  14. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

Thanks for the update. Four OFHC conductors with the foam polyethylene dielectric for that price is pretty enticing.

My gear is also off to the side and I need 20+ ft of cable so I've never experimented with speaker cables. I've just been using 12 awg zip cord.

For that price did you consider four individual lengths? You could make your own bi-wire cables?

15. SCM

SCM Senior Member

16. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

There's no reply

17. Rich-n-Roll

Rich-n-Roll Forum Resident

Blue jean

18. SCM

SCM Senior Member

I did consider double runs but decided against it for now

aorecords likes this.
  19. SCM

SCM Senior Member

I was going to go with Blue Jean cables but like I mentioned I like the OFC copper idea better that comes in the Furez cable.
    Plus I wanted to use BARE wire no connectors which I think is a good thing

Rich-n-Roll likes this.
  20. Rich-n-Roll

Rich-n-Roll Forum Resident

There cables (blue jean) are OFC and there built to your liking they come terminated and unterminated

Blue Jeans Cable -- Quality Cables at Reasonable Prices

21. Davey

Davey NP: a.s.o. ~ a.s.o. (2023 LP)

I don't think they offer OFC speaker cables, they are using either the Belden 5000 for the two-conductor, or Canare 4S11 for the four-conductor cables. Neither is OFC. The Canare is available with OFC wire as Canare 4S11G, but there is no indication that is what they use.

SCM likes this.
  22. SCM

SCM Senior Member

That`s what saw too. I looked for the 'G' version of Canare but its not readily available except maybe from the EU somewhere.
    The Canare cost more too.

23. Lowrider75

Lowrider75 Forum Resident

Excuse my ignorance, how does the "G" diff from the Canare 4S11 which I'm using? I've seen the prices.

24. Davey

Davey NP: a.s.o. ~ a.s.o. (2023 LP)

From Canare ... The G versions feature oxygen-free copper (OFC, JIS H3510) conductors.

[​IMG]

Lowrider75 likes this.
  25. Lowrider75

Lowrider75 Forum Resident

Thank you, Davey.