CANCELED TV SHOWS as of December 2017.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by pblmow, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Better fare on the pay channels, PBS, TCM & cable.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Indeed...

3. audiomixer

I find it difficult to understand that people, on another thread, are mourning the loss of “Elementary” The last 2 seasons were horrendous. I really loved the early seasons, but it lost its way as so many network television shows do.

4. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I have never heard of this show until now.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. MikaelaArsenault

Instinct Cancelled After 2 Seasons

Here is the critical reception of the show from Wikipedia:

The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported an approval rating of 56% based on 25 reviews, with an average rating of 5.36/10. The website's consensus reads, "Instinct is ultimately an underwhelming police procedural, despite having Alan Cumming in its arsenal." Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned the series a score of 53 out of 100 based on 12 reviews, indicating "mixed or average reviews".

6. I gave up before then.

7. audiomixer

Don’t visit the “Elementary “ thread then. You’ll be flogged. :laugh:

wayneklein likes this.
  8. A pity that everyone bought into the last three seasons (which is where the decline began). Even season 5 had about a third of worthwhile episodes.

audiomixer likes this.
  9. audiomixer

:cheers:

10. audiomixer

Just terrible, horrendous writing and directing. Scattered and not cohesive at all.

Michael likes this.
  11. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

It is what was once referred to as a "summer replacement show". It ran last and this summer. There were only thirteen episodes last year, eleven this year.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  12. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Anybody interested in starting another, broader-scope thread that doesn't have to have an expired 2017 shelf-date in the title?

I've tried two years in a row, with threads covering canceled shows, renewed shoes and even the network upfront announcements during the mid-May periods, but nobody seems to want to participate in those...maybe they just don't understand what "upfronts" are, I dunno. But, the way series come and go, and don't start seasons in-sync anymore, with multiple platforms from networks to cable outlets to streamers making the offerings impossible for most people to follow...I would think we could all benefit from an ongoing thread like this, maybe one that can stay up-to-date...?

13. MikaelaArsenault

So a mid-season replacement?

audiomixer likes this.
  14. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

you hated it..a lot of us enjoyed it and yet you keep posting about it..why?

15. audiomixer

I’m not in your territory now. Plus I’m getting similar comments from people who aren’t just “fan boys “. Plus, I didn’t hate it, it just got really bad.

16. Michael

after so many cancellations on my favorite network TV shows I vowed never to get into any others...I've kept that promise...my wife hasn't! LOL...

17. Michael

glad I did not bother with it at all! : )

MikaelaArsenault and audiomixer like this.
  18. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Saw the cancellation of "Instinct" coming a mile away. They started introducing a baby into the storyline way too early. Usually that's the death knell for a series - the last-ditch attempt of writers wringing out one or two more meager seasons to get past a syndication hump. I agree with the statements regarding the lack of general chemistry between the leads.

19. MikaelaArsenault

20. rjp

rjp Senior Member

hawaii five-o done in april.

this must have been last minute, just saw the announcement, a 2 hour finale in april.

it had a nice 10 year run.

21. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

22. MikaelaArsenault

23. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Michael, that is sadly the way that I feel anymore. Network TV isn't worth dedicating my time to anymore. Friends are always saying, "have you seen this show or that show" and none of them look even remotely interesting to me, so I don't bother. If I'm recommended one more British "Downton Abbey" type show, I'm going to scream, LOL! If it wasn't for my wife "needing" her morning fix of "Morning Joe" and evening fix of "NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt", I'd call RECTRUM (sorry, that's "SPECTRUM") and drop this ridiculous $120 plus a month subscription. I'm such a cheapskate when it comes to cable that I refuse to pay the higher price of "Spectrum's" actual cable line-up, that I'm actually grandfathered in the old "Time Warner plan". I feel like Bruce Springsteen with 200 channels (and NOTHING ON). I'm watching crap like "The Andy Griffith Show" and old Johnny Carson reruns, just to keep "something" on the screen and noise in the room, how sad is THAT? The real loss with sticking with the old "Time Warner Plan", is the lower speed internet, but I don't stream music or play online video games, so we're fast enough most of the time.

Michael likes this.
  24. Michael

so much has changed regarding broadcast TV! it's over!

25. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

As of December 2017 Police Squad is cancelled. I'm still peeved about this.

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.