CANCELED TV SHOWS as of December 2017.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by pblmow, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Totally with you on The Mick, but I'm a Kaitlin Olson fan anyway. The Mick was an unusual show for a "mainstream" network. I would love to see that on Hulu or Netflix without all of the restrictions.
    In other cancellation news, they canned Designated Survivor. I personally liked the show, even if the plots had more holes than Swiss cheese.

2. I'm surprised that The Blacklist is not on that list, it's becoming tedious.

PhantomStranger and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

You are correct that it was a good show, but guess it was not 'Designated' to 'Survive'.:cry:

Splungeworthy likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

it's amazing how so muck junk still remains on prime time...

5. Michael

as every show that was canceled has fans that are disappointed...I had a few in the 80's that I loved and did not last long...one was The Qutlaws...time traveling Cowboys! LOL...and Nowhere Man.

Karnak likes this.
  6. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  7. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Kevin Can Wait, Superior Donuts, and Scorpion have all been canceled as well.

8. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Kevin deserved it, just for the really punk-ass way they fired the female lead and thought the audience wouldn't care. Guess they did.

I really like the entire cast of Superior Donuts (and I loved the Tracy Letts play it's based on), but as a show, it was just okay.

James Slattery and Splungeworthy like this.
  9. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

...yet it's not quite so amazing, how many people end up finding other things to watch, now that there's DVR's, streaming sites, basic cable netlets with just one prestige series...and, other "online sources' that will link you to just about all the best television programming the whole world has to offer - for free!

And, that's when it becomes REALLY AMAZING how much junk still remains on prime time. :biglaugh:

Karnak likes this.
  10. Michael

damn it! friggin' keyboard, but hey it entertained your night just like your favorite prime time junk TV show! AHAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHA

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  11. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Nowhere Man was pretty cool.

Shawn and Michael like this.
  12. Michael

YES, we loved it. It needed to finish...a TV movie at the time would have been cool...or better yet, more seasons. Bruce Greenwood was great in this...funny, I always see him as Dennis Wilson in that made for TV Beach Boys movie.

13. Karnak

I like stories about wandering heroes-Star Man was another, not as good as NM but ok for tv.

Michael likes this.
  14. Michael

I don't recall that one?

15. Karnak

It was on tv in the mid 80s after the movie came out. Man travels around bonding with his son-trying to fit in while always out of place..

16. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

kevin can waits number by mid season last year were barely over 6 million viewers. this year the average was about 6 million exactly. once the show found its audience it stayed roughly the same the last 32 episodes of the show. no clue why they canceled it

17. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Noooo! Not Scorpion! Where else can I get my crime fighting super nerds with no regards for physics, science or common sense fix?

MikaelaArsenault and dlokazip like this.
  18. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

Scorpion was a guilty pleasure of mine, but, yeah. It was amazing how they could have these elaborate solutions allegedly based on science and then go through cartoonish implementation of them ignoring some of the most basic scientific principles. One of my favorites was how Walter ran through a subway station, jumped, and grabbed onto a train going 90 mph.

The series had a longer run than anyone could have expected. It was played out long ago.

I hope Jadyn Wong can find another regular gig. Eddie Kaye Thomas seems like the kind of actor who will show up in almost anything.

I don't care if I see the rest of the cast ever again.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  19. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Somewhere in a bunker, MacGyver is using a rotaty telephone and two fingers coated with zinc to hijack a cable signal, so he can tune in to Scorpion and laugh his a** off.

20. rjp

rjp Senior Member

oh, i think it has gotten so much better since they killed tom.

better stories and better writing for sure.

21. rjp

rjp Senior Member

'the crossing' was, literally, the exact same show every week.

"quantico" got old once she graduated.

22. joeconn4

joeconn4 Forum Resident

Fox seems to me to be really quick with the CANCEL button when it comes to sitcoms, has been for years. I agree completely with you regarding The Mick, maybe not "the funniest sitcom currently on tv", but IMO well worth a weekly viewing. Material and tone of The Mick kind of straddled Fox and their cable FX network - a little too dark and edgy at times for Fox, would have fit in well with FX shows like 'You're The Worst', 'Better Things, 'Sex Drugs Rock n Roll', 'Married'. I thought The Mick had real good chemistry between the actors. The slapstick got silly at times, but that's what slapstick is all about, right?

23. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

Humor attempt? Don't quit the day job.

24. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Nooooo....They can't cancel "Last Man On Earth!" :(

25. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Please tell me that you said that while wearing dark sunglasses which you took off during the pause between the words "designated" and "survive" just like David Caruso would've done in CSI: Miami :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.