Can't locate a good copy of Donovan's Sunshine Superman

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Arcturus, May 29, 2023.

1. Arcturus

Arcturus New Member Thread Starter

I have been looking for an audio CD of Donovan's i965 album, Sunshine Superman, for the past few months, but with no success. I want the original (or remastered) album, with the original songs, but that's hard to find, surprisingly. His original Mellow Yellow album is easily available on Amazon at a reasonable price, but oddly, not Superman. Amazon has CDs with that title, but these are really anthologies of various Donovan songs, some of them from his earliest days as a folk singer, and I'm not interested in that.

The Superman CD was supposedly on sale at eBay, but after studying the seller's page, I realized it was a fake page, designed to obtain my credit card number.

Does anyone here know a reputable online seller where I can purchase this masterpiece?

- Ezra

2. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Check on Discogs.

If you don't find a US seller now, you can be patient and one might show up. I've never had any problems with Discog sellers.

The stereo CD release from the UK is amazing, but out-of-print and pricy and probably no US sellers since it was not released in the US.

3. Arcturus

Arcturus New Member Thread Starter

Thanks, Craig.