Capital City Rockets

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cdice, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdice

cdice New Member Thread Starter

When I was growing up in Central Ohio, there was this "regional" band that had a "regional" 45rpm hit called 'Breakfast In Bed' on Elektra Records. They were called The Capital City Rockets, and 'Breakfast In Bed' was always one of those "lost wonders" of pop, in my opinion. Finally, Wounded Bird has released The Capital City Rockets debut LP on CD, which includes the hit, 'Breakfast In Bed'. If you're into late '60s/early '70s power pop, you should check these guys out. The lead singer, by the way, is the same guy who sang on The Music Explosion's 45rpm hit, "A Little Bit O' Soul" (Jamie Lyons). Two members of The Capital City Rockets later went on to form the heavy metal biker band, The Godz (Robert 'Bob' Hill & Eric Moore), who recorded two albums for Millennium/Casablanca (in the US, on RCA elsewhere in the world) and toured with the likes of Kiss, Cheap Trick, Iggy Pop, The Ramones, Blue Oyster Cult, and Angel. I'm SO glad this is FINALLY available on CD! Rock on.

2. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

In the 80's Jamie re-appeared on the Cols scene fronting a band called The Burners... I don't believe they ever recorded and his involvement did not last that long, but the band remained on the local scene for a few years. They were a great roots rocking outfit.

The Godz first album was produced by one of the Grand Funks (Brewer?) and was famously reviewed as "sounding like it was recorded inside a fire hydrant" ;)

Can not believe that Cap City Rockets alb is on CD now, thanks for the heads up... Maybe i can retire that vinyl now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.