Capitol Albums Volume 1, Are you going to buy it?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Without a doubt,these are the albums I grew up with.I really do hope they are done well :sigh:

2. Nad 214

Nad 214 Forum Resident

A great BIG fat NO I have the Uk vinyl who needs anything else. Also have all mint US Lp's so I think it stupid to release this.
    Just my opinion.

Thanks.
    Nad214

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

This would be the same as mine. It's very likely I'll get them, but not a definite "yes". I want to find out if there's a point first, ie improved audio. If they sound good - gimme! If they're no better - or even WORSE - than the equivalent current CDs, then I pass...

4. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

If I was Capitol I'd put it out first, on time, and sue/counter-sue later if need be.

5. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

I'm sorry, I can't get excited about the North American versions of the albums with echo and fake stereo in many cases. If I'm going to spend more of my hard-earned cash on the Beatles, I'll buy UK or German (love to get a Die Beatles) vinyl.

6. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

Not planning on it. I've heard them all on *ahem* imports and they just sit on a shelf. Even if the sound quality is reportedly "out of this world" good, why do I need it? All the regular songs I can get in better quality elsewhere, and weird instrumentals only need to be heard once to be appreciated. I also have no nostalgic factor.

Besides, I'm too busy blowing all my money on UK vinyl!

7. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

No, I will not support this sad effort to separate Beatles' fans from their cash for the millionth time. I don't understand how anyone can feel nostalgia for butchered versions of the original fourteen track albums that the Beatles worked so hard on. What's next, a collector's reissue of Revolver minus the three John Lennon songs hacked off so Capitol could fill up Yesterday and Today?

8. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

Some people are acting like this is some huge mass-conspiracy to steal our money. Are they out to make money? Of course! Why should this suprise anyone? It's just business, that's all. But I bet UK hybrid SACD's wouldn't be a mass conspiracy to take our money on albums that have been previously released many times, including on CD, would it now? No, that would be out of the goodness of their hearts :rolleyes:

9. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Oh yeah, Oh yeah, Oh yeah, Oh yeah

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

...maybe definetly? ;) :D for those who don't understand...:laugh:

11. John Hatter

John Hatter Senior Member

Ok so America gets to hear the albums as they first heard them.
    In the UK it might be time to start a campaign to hear them as we first heard them in the UK.
    ie all in mono through to White Album (& inc Collection of Oldies).

Now I would buy that, but I doubt I'll ever get the chance. In the meantime I won't be buying the US set as it's not what the Beatles intended , nor does it form any part of my "growing up with the Beatles".

Hope you enjoy, lets start campaigning for a UK box!

John

12. grx8

grx8 Senior Member

Good one...
    I´m probably going to wait for the reviews, but Im quite sure I´ll buy them anyway. I bought "1" and LIB Naked...so

13. Bruce

Bruce Senior Member

Depends on the sound quality

14. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

You would severely disappoint me if you did not buy this...or any reissue, for that matter. :D

15. dpannell

dpannell New Member

Yep! I'm always in search of one more copy of Meet the Beatles on cd :cheers:

16. maccascruff

maccascruff New Member

I grew up with these LPs and I want to hear them on CD, so, yes, I am buying and with Dave's discount!

17. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brother™ In Memoriam

Yes, Yes, Yes...did I say Yes???

18. dbryant

dbryant Forum Resident

NO...but I'd like to read the booklet. ;)

19. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

No.

A carefully restored catalog mutilation the artists themselves disowned? Pass. There's about 300 discs from Ace UK and Fantasy I'd like to buy before this one, which I know would be a listen-once-and-file-it experience.

20. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

:righton:

Of course I have these on Capitol and Apple vinyl, various non regular cd's, and they were the way I first heard the songs. Like most of us, I've grown to appreciate the British lp's and even back in the 60's my friend turned me on to the British Abbey Road with the different ending of "I Want You She's So Heavy". I wasn't as concerned about sound quality then as I was with the different version available on the imports. It wasn't until the mid 70's that I first heard the Parlaphone versions of the early Beatle records.

But I will certainly buy anything they ever put out. They are a major portion of who I am. I mean, my lifelong passion, hobby and career all have roots with the Beatles. Like others have said, I consider this paying homage or dues and I feel morally compelled to do it. It also justifies to me the fact that I own some unauthorized recordings of their music. I only own these because there is no other way to get this material. I'd pay any amount required to whoever needs it to get a proper license for owning these recordings. I don't consider myself a pirate or bootleger for seeking these things out.

Even if this is the Dexter versions, I'd love to hear them as good as possible. I mean lets hear what the man heard when he remastered them that way. And if they are not, well that's even better. I mean, all I have to lose is about the price of a nice dinner out.

I wonder if Costco will carry them, and if so, how long will it take them to get them. Their prices are usually pretty good on these items. I don't really care much about the packaging. Sure I'd like it to be nice, but I'd buy them the same if it was plain packaging. Sell the book separately if you want, and make it large enough that people old enough to remember these can actually read them without magnifying lenses.

21. ManFromCouv

ManFromCouv Employee #3541

I don't know yet. I'm going to read the reviews from you folks and wait for you to tell me what I should do. And anyone caught lying to me will be dealt with severely. :mad:

22. topaz525

topaz525 New Member

YES!!!! I just hope it comes out on vinyl too. :)
    Steve B. aka topaz525

23. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Peter Mew did not do these. They are being done at Sterling by Ted Jensen (IIRC).

24. jeendicott

jeendicott Senior Member

Depending on the reported sound and prices offered by Costco, Best Buy, etc., I may bite, due to my completist streak. But my initial reaction is that I'd just be rewarding the wrong behavior and asking for more of the same from EMI.

25. Lownotes

Lownotes Senior Member

Of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.