Car audio getting better?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Time Is On My Side, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

I got all the adapters I needed for the speakers and everything at Sonic Electronix. They are GREAT they can recommend specific adapters and speakers. I loved my Infinities and if I were to get a new set today I'd recommend that brand. I did this quite a few years ago so my speakers are a lot older than current models. Another option if you are not familiar with opening up your doors and replacing speakers is to look for a local shop that can replace just the speakers.

2. dcottrell6

dcottrell6 Forum Resident

The Lexicon system in the G70 is the best one that I have ever had. Plenty of adjustments to get it where you want.
    It's an upgrade option but well worth it.
    Just plug in the usb hard drive and go.

PhilBiker likes this.
  3. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Believe it or not, I have been extremely happy with the Bose system in my Porsche Cayman S. Set on the Linear setting, it has much better sound than my Mark Levinson system in my Lexus. The Burmester systems I have heard in Porsches are even more open sounding. CarPlay is critical as I can play Tidal (yes, even with MQA unfolding) and Qobuz.

Audiofan1 and PhilBiker like this.
  4. nexishawn

nexishawn New Member

One of my friend has upgraded his Car stereo from wisepicker and believe me or not the quality was beyond price. I will recommend that because now a days finding such a stereo quality is so difficult. Upgrade your speakers will be a massive upgrade in such a relatable price .

5. Audiofan1

Audiofan1 Forum Resident

Don't care what anyone says about Bose as i found out in my last car which was a 2019 Mazda 3 hatch with the premium package, the Bose system with Linear or standard sounded fantastic boasting audiophile quality , when designing the system with the Bose team a young man from Mazda went up stairs with a clever idea to mount two of the 3 subs in the footwell panels instead of the two doors and my gosh the bass was taunt tight and extended as well as the highs (supposedly not a Bose strong suit) the system was even capable of playing back my high resolution files up to 24/192hz via usb!

So yeah , it's improved a lot.

LeeS likes this.
  6. captainsolo

captainsolo Forum Resident

I'm trying improve the audio in my new Accent. Previously I had my old 2005 Focus and replaced the head unit with a nice Kenwood which proved remarkable with the stock speakers. Now my new car is perfectly fine in every regard...except that I continually tinker on the stereo to try and improve the sound quality.
    Using my Fiio M3K dap via the aux input sounds richer than using the USB in-but I have to max out the volume and play with the EQ basic controls to try and get anything passable.
    However when I plug in a flash drive with WAV files I don't have to touch the EQ at all and it sounds pretty good but I can tell it's not as detailed as the external (probably because the DAC is better of course) and the volume even at full blast is far less than what the aux in has. The original manual said it read FLAC but this wasn't true so I'm having to convert my flash drive to WAV. The downside of this method is that it refuses to read my id tags. Why I have no idea.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  7. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

I had the occasion to listen to an Audi prepared by Focal in St. Étienne and I was amazed with what they did !
    The stock system was already good but the upgrade was just so good.

8. doctor fuse

doctor fuse Forum Resident

Yes, it has.

9. Chilli

Chilli Pretend Engineer.

Why not convert to a high rate MP3 and preserve the tags that way? Assuming the flash drive is only being used in the car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.