Carrie Fisher suffers heart attack on plane, dies at age 60*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Understood. Waiting sucks. She is a part of our childhood. A heroine. Kind of a staple in a certain way. Lets face it, weve never lost one of the three biggie Star Wars characters. I dont think thats being shallow. I think its just as meaningful for the impact the characters made on us as kids. I think Carrie is appreciative of that admiration. And plus shes a pretty cool lady.

2. WTH, the second person I have seen on a Netflix show and a few days later something terrible happens to them. First Alan Thicke and now Carrie Fisher.
    Just last night I watched a few episodes of 30 Rock and saw her very funny episode. I hope she makes a full recovery.

3. Well,the good news is that stable means that she's not getting worse at this time.

4. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

Thoughts to miss Fisher. Get well,our princess!

MikeJedi likes this.
  5. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

Hoping that waking up to no news is a good sign. I have to admit I was dreading hitting the news this morning but if she's still hanging on in there now, it has to give us hope.

MikeJedi likes this.
  6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Very sorry to hear that Carrie Fisher is in ill health. I got slammed by a heart attack myself last year around this time, and I'm very close to her age, so I can imagine how she feels. I worked for several weeks on her semi-autobiographical 1990 film Postcards from the Edge, and she was charming, funny, and very self-effacing, absolutely sharp as a tack. More than one person has observed she was the single smartest person working on the first three Star Wars films (and that included George Lucas). Here's hoping she'll recover and be able to be in Star Wars VIII.

I noted that Carrie Fisher went to the same place I did -- the cardiovascular center at UCLA Medical Center -- and the doctors there are the greatest. The word right now is she is in intensive care and is stable. http://variety.com/.../carrie-fisher-heart-attack-star.../

goodiesguy, 4xoddic, MikeJedi and 8 others like this.
  7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

8. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Wishing Carrie a speedy recovery. One of my first crushes; I thought she looked great in Star Wars, but looked smoking hot in The Blues Brothers.

9. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

As I understand,they have already finished principal photography for Episode VIII over the summer,so she should at least be seen there.

MikeJedi and BeatleJWOL like this.
  10. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

God Bless you and save you Carrie!

Evan

11. I'm hoping for the best for her. Not sure of her prognosis but 10 minutes is a long time for cpr without brain damage occurring.

12. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

I wonder if she was the victim of a blood clot that formed after sitting through a long flight. If she flew non-stop from London to LA and didn't occasionally move around to help her circulation, it's very much within the realm of possibility that a blood clot formed. It's not uncommon for someone to stand up after the end of a long flight, then immediately drop dead when the clot reached the heart or lungs.

Of course, it's just pure speculation, since she "fed" her body with all sorts of substances throughout the years. But it's a good reminder that anyone taking a long flight should occasionally get up and walk around, just to keep the circulation going.

13. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Dan Ackroyd thought so, too, and asked her to marry him. They lived together for a time around the period where Blues Brothers was being shot, but ultimately split up, and then went on to date and marry Paul Simon. She had a very rocky relationship with the singer/songwriter, and they divorced in 1984. After that, she married big-time CAA agent Bryan Lourd (technically lived together with him for about 10 years) and had a child with him, but split up when he came out as gay in the early 2000s. It's fair to say that Carrie has been unlucky in love.

An insider told me that there are a lot of dialogue issues and rewrites going on, and the speculation is they're going to have to hire a "Princess Leia soundalike" in order to finish the mix. There was also talk of some minor reshoots, and if that happens, they'll have to resort to CGI characters. I think for this film, most of the major characters all had full-body scans, so it's not as difficult to replace them with CGI. My guess is that Princess Leia was going to die in this film anyway, but that won't make it any easier for her cast-members and friends on the crew.

15. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

I'd say her being Bi-Polar has been the major issue with her being unlucky in love. She was also with Simon before Ackroyd.

Anyways, I've always like this picture of the two, looks like they've had a big night.

[​IMG]

16. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Nice photo.

MikaelaArsenault and PROG U.K. like this.
  17. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

She sure was cute.

18. Lord Summerisle

Very cute.

19. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

yup...
    [​IMG]

20. Lord Summerisle

:love:

21. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

I never knew Paul was a Hanshin Tigers fan.

22. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Geesh, always got to resort to the pinup thing? wtf

Anymore news on her condition?

drasil likes this.
  23. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

24. metal134

metal134 Forum Resident

I always forget that Debbie Reynolds is her mom.

25. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Get well princess

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.