CBS "Madam Secretary" - What's Your Opinion?*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by gotityet0, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

He was pretty good in this. He actually pops up on other shows (Person Of Interest most recently), and should have been considered to replace Jon Stewart, but that's just me.

gotityet0 likes this.
  2. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut Thread Starter

Last nights episode was thought provoking. It's amazing how some countries have some very archaic and barbaric beliefs.

3. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

Really good show and I read today that Leoni and Daly are a real life couple. No wonder the marriage scenes are so realistic.

4. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

Blech.

Scott222C likes this.
  5. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Can't get interested

6. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

There is a problem with DVR's though. They don't know if a Sunday football game is going to end on time, so often the Sunday night shows are delayed. The only real solution I've found is to record for several hours just in case the show is an hour late. Not much worse than sitting down to watch the show you recorded, and discovering that you only got 10 minutes of it.

Vidiot likes this.
  7. quicksilverbudie

quicksilverbudie quicksilverbudie

There was a billboard in Toronto with a photo of the lead in the show with the statement
    "she is going to save the world!"

for what it's worth>

sean

8. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

About gays? Not just some countries...

It was a good episode, if a little idealistic in that while they're fond of using current events as plot templates, they're ignoring the biggest elephant in the room - the obstructionist, do-nothing congress (they would fight tooth and nail against any treaty with Iran).

gotityet0 likes this.
  9. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

But is she going to save Baltimore ? The difference between reality and Hollywood crappy wishful thinking is so laughable .......

quicksilverbudie likes this.
  10. benjaminhuf

benjaminhuf Forum Resident

Well made show. Almost "old fashioned" quality network TV! Good cast, screenplays, production values, etc. My whole family is watching this together, including our 14 year old daughter.

11. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I enjoyed the first episode of the new season this week. While the circumstances surrounding where the show went strained credulity, it was still a fun exercise, and having Morgan Freeman on-hand as a Supreme Court Justice (as well as an executive producer and the director of this episode) added both some gravitas and a bit of stunt casting, as both he and Tea Leoni were in the flick DEEP IMPACT.

Harry

Deesky likes this.
  12. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I'd agree with that, but am I sensing a deeper subtext here? It appears as if Leoni's character is being left out of the loop WRT to some high-level issues and this may play out over the season as an ongoing arc. Hope so anyway, as it could go in interesting directions.

Nice catch! I really liked that movie and Tea Leoni ever since. She's the primary reason I started watching this show. And I have to wonder how bad her singing could really be to be replaced by Lilith (who was pretty bad)!

13. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Which has come to pass, But her renewed cred with that lantern jawed warhawk advisor after her somehow getting the child virgin goddess to put in a good word with the Nepalese PM seemed like an awfully quick resolution. It's almost like there's too much going on in this program.

I just want to know who is the clever cyber warrior who is playing them all along.

Aaaah, now I know, I suspect it could be Aliens ;)

14. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

This has been a criticism of mine since the beginning of the series. All the weighty affairs of the state, which would normally take months or years to resolve, get wrapped up in a single episode. I guess it's just that type of show - light and breezy with some serious undertones from time to time. But, it's also got a kind of positive charm which is endearing.

PS
    Stevie was way, way hotter before she went all pale and blond!

15. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I can't stand the show.

16. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Veep seems a lot more true to life than Madam Secretary. MS is too 'feel good' like the episode where she singlehandedly saves the Greek economy where in real life exactly the opposite happened.

Plus in ep 1 series 3 she killed off the Australian Prime Minister. :laugh:

17. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yes, that is certainly what it's going for.

18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

tried to watch it again....just can't do it.

audiomixer likes this.
  19. AJH

AJH Senior Member

Can't watch it. Horrible.

audiomixer likes this.
  20. joefont

joefont Senior Member

I think the billboard is on to something. The show is losing me because it seems that the stories are heading more and more into a "she saves the world" scenario. She's becoming Wesley Crusher!

21. John B Good

The story about Ukraine, and Russian politics, is getting close to propagandizing for real-world action. :(

22. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

I like the cast and the writers successfully walked the fine line between the political divides most of the time.
    The "Cuba" episode last night, however, crossed the line into blatant manipulation/propaganda territory
    and I probably will drop this show from my viewing schedule. If I were a Cuban immigrant or a member of the late Officer
    Foerster's family, I would be writing a hate letter to CBS over this episode. You just can't "un-jump" a shark, folks.

23. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Not gonna happen.

24. John B Good

Haven't seen it, but I am close to not watching the series any longer.

Lightworker likes this.
  25. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

My wife still watches this propaganda -whoops, I meant "show"- but even she admits that the premises/plots are becoming pretty ridiculous...I'll leave it at that lest we delve into forum taboo subjects...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.