CBS "Madam Secretary" - What's Your Opinion?*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by gotityet0, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I like this show as a second tier show with likable characters and some not so likable ones. Episode 8 was in fact very good with lots of intrigue.

2. theoxrox

theoxrox Forum Resident

If I'm tired on Sunday evenings, I'd probably nap through it. If not, I might watch it.

I'm mainly interested in The Walking Dead on Sunday nights.....

3. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I've really been enjoying the last few episodes, particularly the latest. They've ramped things up several notches in the seriousness stakes and now we're on the brink of waging a war with Russia!

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Another very good episode, continuing on from the current Russian arc. They're really upping the stakes now, making it more substantial (kinda like I've been calling for for a while).

5. Gary7704

Gary7704 Chasing that sound….

I liked it as well up until the scene with the U.S. President, the S of S and the Russian President in the conference hall at the peace talks. Walked away from the TV after that scene...saying to my self the writers blew the entire episode with this scene.

6. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Okay with this Season 3 premiere they are definitely strapping on the water skis.

7. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

:)

Haven't watched it (don't plan too) but, curious if it will have something to say about the campaign climate right now....

8. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Good to see the show back.

Sort of, but as an exact opposite. I enjoyed the episode despite the obviously idealistic direction it's taken (meaning, it would never happen in real life). But that's just it. Given the cesspit of the current election, a show depicting political virtue and moral character is just the right tonic to wash away the stench of self-serving, corrupt depravity of our immediate reality. It's also an interesting direction to go in, so I'm cool with it.

9. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

The star was on a Fox show in the late eighties or early nineties. I thought she was gorgeous. Now, she kinda annoys me, even though she's still very attractive.

10. theoxrox

theoxrox Forum Resident

If The Walking Dead returns in that time frame on Sunday evenings, I will abandon this show again. In the meantime, it's one of the less repulsive pieces of rubbish.....

11. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

To quote Todd Rundgren from the "Todd Rundgren Radio Show":
    It sucks.

Lightworker likes this.
  12. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

I was a faithful viewer of Madam Secretary and thought it came up with realistic situations that were dealt with intelligently and fairly. However, for some reason that I can't quite pinpoint, I lost interest in the show this season. The writing kind of slipped for me, and the turns they took with the fate of their Russian spy was a real waste of a good character. I guess I got bored with it after Bebe Neuwirth decided to leave.

gotityet0 likes this.
  13. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I'm in total agreement. The ratings aren't that good, but it's coming back again next season.

gotityet0 likes this.
  14. audiomixer

No DVR?

15. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

The thing is, while the show is very likable and admirable in many ways, it has never been realistic in any way. All the weighty political tensions and conflicts were always resolved in 43 minutes, often with heartfelt appeals to the better natures of the people involved.

In reality, things just don't work that way, especially these days. Thorny situations take months and years to resolved and most of the time they end in stalemate or sanctions.

While I see and accept the show's Pollyanna approach to politics and diplomacy, I still very much like the show, its optimism, ethics and most of all Téa Leoni and her on-screen family. The show will almost certainly head in the direction where it might need a name-change to Madam President...

gotityet0, BZync and GLENN like this.
  16. BZync

BZync Senior Member

I enjoy Madam Secretary but it's episodes can be hit and miss. I await the return of the only political show that feels like it has a grip on reality: VEEP.

gotityet0 likes this.
  17. audiomixer

Well, these last 10 episodes of Madam Secretary/President are really being done on the “cheap”. Bad writing/directing/production/missing characters; they just should have let it die in peace. Now it’s losing all credibility to “wrap it up”. Too bad.

Lightworker likes this.
  18. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Should have been cancelled in November 2016.

19. audiomixer

It had decent moments throughout the years. Not this year.

jlocke08 likes this.
  20. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I don't find it as "human" as West Wing, but does have humans in it I recognize; that's a hard elephant in the room (sorry!) to be plopped next to.

Too bad it's already on CBS, or Wallis Currie-Wood would have been signed to 10 other CBS series by now.

21. audiomixer

Hope springs eternal.

Lightworker likes this.
  22. Lightworker

Yet she persisted...

23. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I am bewildered as to why a show that was intended to boost Hillary Clinton's career is still on the air.

dmiller458 and Lightworker like this.
  24. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

One of the best shows on major network TV.

Lightworker likes this.
  25. Lightworker

I wish The Apprentice was still available on demand. I used to find it very entertaining in a non-political way.

dmiller458 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.