CCR drummer Doug Clifford says band's full Woodstock performance is expected to be released in 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by arisinwind, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

What are you referring to? Are you saying the bass guitar is too prominent in the mix? Or are you saying the bass frequencies of the recording in general have been boosted too much?

dee, arisinwind and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. arisinwind

arisinwind Visitor Thread Starter

hmmm. My copy isn't drenched in bass. Perhaps something is amiss with your setup.

3. Future Nostalgia

Future Nostalgia Host of Sending Signals podcast

Any opinions on whether the vinyl is especially worth getting over the CD? I’m guessing the vinyl isn’t all analog...
    Streamed the album and loved it anyway.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

got this and love it...it sounds the best it can for what it is...

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

mine neither...weird....

arisinwind and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Poetry1

Poetry1 Forum Resident

A great show - better than Oakland in terms of performance. The sound is great for what it is - it was not recorded with live albums in mind .
    Easily in my top 5 CD buys of the last few years.
    The best live versions of Suzy and Chooglin I have heard. The whole band is on fire. John is athis best on harmonica and guitar. The rhytm section has punch.
    Sadly, there are no live shows (on bootlegs at lleast) from the Cosmo / Pendulum era, except for 1970 08 29 Los Angeles. That one has Up around the bend, Run Through The Jungle, Grapevinne and Oooby Dooby .
    Hopefully they will at least release an official version of the 71 Fillmore closing trio show - I would buy it right now.

Not a fan of the packaging - I do not like the LP style of prying the cd out of the sleeve.

7. monovinyl

monovinyl Senior Member

Man...I love this album. It's been a very long time since I've listened to a double LP four times in two weeks. (3x in my car - needledrop). To me - and I have to believe many of my generation this LP is a dream come true. If you're debating this one - don't. If you like CCR - you'll love this one.

8. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Nice!

longdist01 likes this.
  9. DML71

DML71 Forum Resident

I'm amazed at how good the live albums from Woodstock sound that I've heard so far.

sonofjim, laf848, GerryO and 4 others like this.
  10. 389 Tripower

389 Tripower Just a little south of Moline

Got the only 1 vinyl copy at B&N today! Was totally surprised they had one - as website said none in stores.
    Can’t wait to get home to play test it!!
    Still scrambling to get a CD version.

11. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

We’re lucky it sounds as good as it does.

dee, Kim Olesen and Ben Adams like this.
  12. 389 Tripower

Holy Chit!!
    The LP’s sound like their stage is right in my living room! (SX-1010, SL1200MK2, AT440Mla, Klipsch Fortes)
    Awesome!!

13. Further

Further Forum Resident

This one’s pretty great alright but I gotta say it’s cut super hot!!! One of the loudest LP’s I’ve heard in a while. I was actually listening at about 1/3 my usual volume and it was plenty.

The band is definitely on fire. It’s a smokin’ set.

14. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

Is the CD hard to find? None of the local stores I've tried have it and Amazon shows it shipping in three weeks

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Lucretius

Lucretius Forum Resident

Can't believe this didn't come out at the time, on either vinyl or the film.

God, the bonehead decisions made in the '60s could fill an encyclopedia...

Greenalishi and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. arisinwind

Isn't the DR like 11? It shouldn't be that hot sounding.

17. 389 Tripower

I don’t think its a hot “cut” or pressing.
    Some tracks sound hotter on the vocals than others.
    I’m guessing it’s the recording. After the 1st half of Bayou, it smooths out pretty well overall I think.

18. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

All but Bootleg, Proud Mary, and Suzie Q.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. fast'n'bulbous

fast'n'bulbous tight also

See posts 347 and 368

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. 389 Tripower

Suzie Q makes the whole album worth it!!

21. arisinwind

With post 302 as well, it looks like the LPs have a DR of 11 or 13 and the CD 9. The LPs aren't "hot" at all.

laf848 likes this.
  22. I haven't seen it yet at any retail store though some have claimed to find it at Barnes & Noble.

23. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

"Commotion" is one of my favorite CCR songs. I would love to see that footage.

"Bad Moon Rising" has been out in collector land for awhile. I was surprised when it didn't come out with the other 3 released songs. It's short and the band sounds good. I think it is one of Fogerty's best vocals of the set.

If you haven't seen it, you might get a kick out of this fan made "attempt" at making a video for "Green River" using footage from the other songs. It almost works. A few out of sync shots here and there.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River - Woodstock 1969 HD

24. Further

Further Forum Resident

Let's put it this way. It is hot sounding on my system, as in loud. Yes, the recording itself is overdriven in places but I'm not talking about the mix here. I'm talking about the overall volume of this record. One notch on my volume control with this record is the equivalent to three notches with my other albums. No question that it is louder.

Pouchkine likes this.
  25. dee

dee Senior Member

B&N had it in stock online for quick delivery and also in-store for immediate purchase a few weeks back.

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.