CCR drummer Doug Clifford says band's full Woodstock performance is expected to be released in 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by arisinwind, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonz

gonz Forum Resident

John fogerty and mike love should collaborate.

Lucretius, arisinwind and Doggiedogma like this.
  2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Or wrestle one another.. ;)

rednoise, Matthew Tate and arisinwind like this.
  3. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

I would pay!

4. arisinwind

arisinwind Visitor Thread Starter

I'd have to get more shelving to store them.

5. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

I assume you're talking video, but if I'm not mistaken, virtually all of the music was recorded.

Warren Hawk likes this.
  6. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

What I'd really also like to see is a release on CD of Doug's only solo record, "Cosmo".

I think it's a very fine album, and it deserves a reissue.

7. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Why are we expecting artists to be businessmen? These are very different skill sets.

Lucretius likes this.
  8. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

So you don’t think it shows the character of Saul that he chose to pursue the lawsuit? He couldn’t withstand a tweak on the nose from John? He had all the cash and the power and had built an empire. That wasn’t enough for him. It makes him look like the worst kind of person to me. A major ***hole. He didn’t turn that way over night I’ll bet he was not a nice person when he first signed up CCR either.

9. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Good to see Cosmo's relatives join us.

arisinwind and Sneaky Pete like this.
  10. I was thinking along the same lines. Also, wouldn't the contract include at least some basic information about a party that was a stakeholder in the contract, even if just their legal place of business? That's been my experience, although it may not be a universal requirement or have been required at the time.

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

thanks... I appreciate your help!

longdist01 likes this.
  12. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

The copyright bounty continues to reveal its gifts and treasures....great time to be a music fan!

13. arisinwind

arisinwind Visitor Thread Starter

I think the situation shows a lot of Saul's character, and John's. Some people just can't let things slide.

Sneaky Pete and Dudley Morris like this.
  14. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

while they're at it, put out the entire Sha Na Na performance!

PonceDeLeroy likes this.
  15. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

"Now... why didn't I think of that?" - Gene Simmons.

Warren Hawk and Fullbug like this.
  16. MortSahlFan

MortSahlFan Forum Resident

I'd love to experience this, but I like this already because it's a good advertisement - a reminder of all the different great stuff out there..

17. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

..and a remixed Cosmo's Factory and Willy and The Poorboys by the forum favorite (and I don't mean Giles).

supermd, arisinwind and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. Michael

I'd listen..: )

arisinwind, Matthew Tate and DK Pete like this.
  19. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

...I know...but you wouldn't buy, right? Aren't you an anti-remix kind of guy?:shh:

20. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Interesting thought but it would never be the same. Part of what makes CCR so enduring and endearing is the sound of those records at the time they were made. They were a great combination of grit and some pretty great songwriting in a way no one else was producing. It was an appeal that was (unwittingly) timed perfectly at that point in record buying history. These albums and singles are both timeless and very much OF their time. And we can't take away the vocal texture of Fogerty back then...that voice, combined with the overall sound of the recordings (not least of all, his guitar tones) were huge factors in what made those songs work great as they did. A new album would have production values of what it takes (presumably)to sell a record TODAY; plus, I have to doubt that the songwriting would be as, say, magical. It definitely wouldn't be the same.

21. Michael

very much so...but, I like Wilson's work on Aqualung & Benefit...I bought them both.

DK Pete likes this.
  22. DPM

DPM Senior Member

I'm not a huge C.C.R. fan, but I'd be tempted if a blu-ray of their Woodstock performance was released.

Also, I wonder what the level of interest would be from the public if John Fogerty, Doug Clifford and Stu Cook managed to let bygones be bygones and reform for an anniversary tour.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  23. Further

Further Forum Resident

I support John Fogerty.

I will also support this release (if it happens).

24. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

My opinion is that it would be a pretty big interest. I stopped going to live shows ages ago for reasons I won't bother getting into here; a CCR reunion-much as there CAN be one-is one concert I'd make an effort to attend.

Dave Armstrong and arisinwind like this.
  25. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

Tru Dat! It was juvenile for John too, but it was inside baseball. Almost no one would have gotten the joke if the case didn’t end up in Court.

Brings to mind Alan Klein buying the rights to He’s So Fine just so he could sue George. Using attorneys and the Judicial system to punish your personal enemies is a waste of the Court’s time and resources. It is almost exclusively a game played the rich and powerful. It bleeds the less wealthy person dry.

Dave Armstrong likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.