CCR LPs from Analogue Productions

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Studley, Apr 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Studley

Studley New Member Thread Starter

I own a vinyl DCC pressing of Willy and the Poor Boys and I was wondering what improvements will be evident with Steve Hoffman's latest and greatest efforts in comparison to the DCC product. I'm sure it will be superior because why put out something that isn't, right? Anyway, rest assured, I will start saving now so I can buy all of 'em. If this has already been discussed, please point me to the thread; be gentle, I'm the new guy...

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Hi Studley,

Welcome.

The new "Willie" sounds a bit warmer than the old "Willie".

Some folks like the new one, some like the more neutral sounding old one.

The new one sounds a bit more lush, but loses a bit of crispness.

Does that help? No...

3. Kevin Sypolt

Kevin Sypolt Senior Member

Hi Steve,

That helps me out, thanks. So do we have an official release date yet? I'm ready to buy 'em all! Should I start standing in line now??? :)

Thanks,
    Kevin

4. Steve Hoffman

Kevin,

Click on the Acoustic Sounds link on my homepage. Should be there. I haven't received any yet myself, so....

5. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Hey, do you get cases and cases of the goods when they finally get pressed? I'll be over to help you unload when they come in!!! ;)

6. Kevin Sypolt

Hmmm, can't seem to get into the on-line store right now... See Steve, you have so much clout, that just mentioning their web-site caused it to get over-whelmed. I'll check back later... :(

7. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

Here's the scoop

CCr titles are listed on the database at AP, but they are only taking preorders(not available yet.), but the good news is that they are $25 instead of $30.:)

8. Kevin Sypolt

Re: Here's the scoop

Cool! Yeah, I finally got in late last night... I had never visited this site, and I was impressed by the wide selection of items available. Thanks guys!

9. KLM

KLM Senior Member

Does anyone know about the rumored CCR lp boxset coming out later in the fall from Acoustic Sounds? Will it just include the 5 lps that are about to be released or will it include all of the lps? Any info would be appreciated. I would hate to purchase a couple of the titles now and then regrett it once the boxset came out.

10. Steve Hoffman

The plan is to do all of the Creedence studio LP's. That means that sometime this year I will be cutting the last two.

You might be able to buy them as you go and then just buy the empty box later, I don't know.

Give Acoustic Sounds a buzz and ask 'em I guess...

11. KLM

KLM Senior Member

Thanks for the response Steve. I am looking forward to grabbing these titles. I'll probably do so at the NY Stereophile Show and I'll ask Chad in person about the set. Any word on whether or not you will be going? Would love to stop by and say hi.

On a seperate note, I just wanted to thank you for all of your hard work as well as the responsiveness and candor you display on the Forum. I for one have benefitted a great deal and have made much wiser music purchases since becoming a member. Unfortunately, it seems rare today to have an open and honest discussion on someone's work and have that person actively participate in the discussion. I know it can be tough to be out there with your butt exposed at times but keep up the good work. As they say, Steve you are a gentleman and a scholar.

12. Steve Hoffman

Thanks KLM!

We're glad to have you here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.