CCR "Mardi Gras" available at Acoustic Sounds ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ronald, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronald

Ronald Senior Member Thread Starter

I received the Acoustic Sounds update and there was a note that CCR "Mardi Gras" is available on LP. See here or try this. (Some of the address is truncating for one reason or another.)

There is no note about this release here at stevehoffman.tv, so does anyone know if "Mardi Gras " has been released yet? I have placed orders from the Acoustic Sounds e-mail list only to find that items were not yet shipped. Witness Meat Loaf on SACD and some others.

2. Dave B

Dave B Senior Member

Ron, I've had the Pendulum and Mardi Gras LPs on back order from Red Trumpet for about a month. I spoke to Peter today via email and he said they expect the LPs to be in next week. My new turntable is scheduled to arrive next week too - think I'll give myself a Holiday next Friday.

3. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member

In other CCR pastures, Elusive has the Willie & Poorboys/Cosmos Factory SACD's now scheduled for 8/30. Was hoping for 7/30 :sigh:

4. SonicZone

SonicZone Senior Member

Boy, is THIS going to be a slow month . . .

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

The Rolling Stones product has taken up the Sonopress production lines. Nothing else can get manufactured.

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Imagine when and if The Beatles Remasters come out. :laugh:

7. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

I got my Mardi Gras in from Acoustic Sounds yesterday. Pendulum is backordered.

8. bmoura

bmoura Senior Member

Right. There are a number of upcoming Hybrid SACD releases that have been moved back to September and October release dates while the Stones SACDs are being made at the Sonopress plant in Germany.

That also explains why Sonopress doubled their Hybrid SACD pressing capacity in June and will double it again in September.

The increase in Hybrid SACD pressing capacity at Sonopress plus the new Hybrid SACD plant in the LA area at Crest National (due on line in September) should help quite a bit in easing up the backlog in Hybrid SACD pressing orders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.