CD and Record Stores in Columbus, OH*

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by alamo54us, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Went to 'Lost Weekend' today & was not impressed with the condition of a lot of his vinyl.
    A lot of it had scuffs (or worse visible scratches).
    Only came away with 3 pieces for my collection.

Darryl

2. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I was a little worried that you might not find much there, although it is a decent little store. Next time go to "Used Kids", not all that far from "Lost Weekend" or another small place, also fairly close to "Lost Weekend", called "Records per minute", which is run by a guy who is a bit of an audiophile (He sells Rega and other higher end turntables and a lot of MFSL and A.P. type LP releases) and sadly, he is also a bit of a know it all as well, which can often be a bit of a bummer. I find it always best to not ask him a lot of questions or try having small chit-chat, as he will usually just pi$$ you off before he is through. I can't really explain it, but he just rubs me the wrong way, but he does have some decent stuff for sale.

3. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Which place has records in better condition, Don't want to look at beat-up/scratched records.
    I can go to HPB for that.

Darryl

4. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Replying to myself I almost did this last week. My original plan was to do this on a Saturday Northbound, but it was raining like hell and I didn't want to deal, plus I had miles to go before I'd sleep. Instead I decided to make a sweep on the way back. I got off Exit 112 Southbound and first stop Used Kids was right there. The guy I spoke to there was nice and quickly sketched a map for the other local stores. Any SH.tv vinyl fan would enjoy shopping at this store. Everything I looked at seemed to be fairly priced, I found a couple of things for my current oddball collecting interest and at the UK guy's suggestion my next stop was Elizabeth's. Nice small "curated" shop especially worth a stop if you are not looking in the pop/rock/jazz mode. Not that he doesn't have all that stuff, but I didn't really look at it much, and this shop to me was better than UK for other off the wall stuff. Again found a couple things and had a genial chat with the owner. I'd go back to either of those stores anytime. I headed for Lost Weekend, but as I approached it I recognized the area and realized I'd visited LW a couple of years back, and while I enjoyed it I didn't find anything and didn't feel drawn to go back this time. I tried for RPM but it was a Monday and it was closed. Maybe next time.

Chris C likes this.
  5. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Glad that you enjoyed Used Kids, as I feel that it's the best that Columbus currently has to offer. I went to Elisabeth's one time and since I was looking mostly at 45's in boxes there, I found her cat to be more interested in also hanging out with me, which was cute at first, but after a while it got old. My wife had a business meeting most of the day in Columbus, so I dropped her off and had the better part of the day, from 9 till 3:30, to just shop till I dropped. I'm only good for about three or four hours and then my back usually starts to hurt.

6. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Missed the Columbus show today (thought it was Sunday).
    Will check-out Used Kids this time.

Darryl

7. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Going to Used Kids today. Didn’t have that much time to browse back in April. Now I can take my time.

Darryl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.