CD Pacific - anyone have good contact info? Anyone having problems?*

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by agentalbert, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member Thread Starter

I hope this is the appropriate forum to ask this. I've bought from CD Pacific several times and never had a real problem. Recently I accidentally ordered an item I had ordered elsewhere and so I want to return it. It's still sealed. Yet I've been unable to get any response from CD Pacific by e-mail. They have a phone # listed on their site and on the invoice that came with my CD's, but I always just get a busy signal.

I've sent them four e-mails over the last two weeks asking for an RA# so I can return the item for a refund, but haven't received a single response. Anyone have a phone # for them other than the 1-866-863-3011 listed on their site? I also see the international phone #, but I'm in the US.

2. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Not sure what's going on. I've always been able to get a response within 24 hours when I e-mailed them (usually from Cesar).

I'm assuming that you've used the "[email protected]" e-mail address to send your earlier requests.

3. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

I recently received an e-mail from them announcing an inventory reduction sale because they are in the process of moving. Perhaps the moving process is causing issues. . .

4. agentalbert

Do you by chance have a direct e-mail address? Like is there a [email protected]?

I've been writing to [email protected]. On Friday I wrote again, and CC'd it to orders@, support@, accounts@, and [email protected]. These were all the e-mail addresses listed on their site. I'm hoping somebody will respond, but as of yet, nothing. And yes, I've checked my spam folder. I get order notifications and shipping notifications from them just fine, so I don't think its that their responses are being blocked.

Just tried the phone #'s listed on their site again. One gets an "the number you dialed is invalid" message, and the other (the international one) has been disconected.

:realmad:

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

This is disturbing, but hopefully it's a temporary glitch as a result of the impending move. I've never had to return something to them, but I've never had a problem with an order from them either.

6. agentalbert

Yeah, I've probably ordered from them six times and haven't had any problems. I've never tried to actually contact them before now.

7. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Sadly no direct e-mail address, just the generic one I mentioned earlier. Given what appears to be their pending move (the item I returned was sent from Florida and I was instructed to return it to New Jersey), it sounds like everything is hopefully just in transition and things will get sorted out shortly.

Sorry I can't offer any more help

8. Cassie 908.722.4230

9. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

I had no problem using orders@ yesterday when I canceled a back order. Best of luck with your return!

10. Any Luck?

11. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Try this email address from Jessica, CD Pacific. I have dealt with her on several orders.
    [email protected]. That sucks they disconnected their phone. When do they plan on finishing their move?

12. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I was on their web site today and it looked normal to me.

13. agentalbert

Not yet. I called the number you posted for Cassie. I got a beep and presumably an answering machine, but there was no message even identifying who I had reached. I left a VM, so we'll see if anything comes of it.

I even resorted to sending a fax, as they had a fax # on their page listed that you could send orders to. I got a "failure to deliver" notice from the attempted fax.

David - I have sent a message to [email protected]. I CC'd my last message on 2/5 to that address and several others they had listed, but still haven't received a reply.

14. agentalbert

Yeah, it does look normal. Although you can't actually put anything in your shopping cart right now, I don't think. It's been that way for about two days now.

15. El Bacho

El Bacho Forum Resident

From what I've read, DVD Pacific (aka CD Pacific) was selling to both shops/businesses and end consumers. The commercial consumer activity is getting bad, so the boss, who also mentions health issues, is selling the company to their main distributor, Alliance Entertainment.

The activity is getting revamped. Commercial accounts will now be directly handled by Alliance while regular customers will be redirected to a redesigned site which should be online within hours... or days.

How many (if any) of the current team will be kept on the new site is so far an unanswered question. Commercial customers are promised better price but it tells nothing about regular end consumers.

For now, just wait for the new site to open, as it must be their priority. Then you'll be able to enquire about previous orders.

16. syogusr

syogusr New Member

CD Pacific=Are they still in business?

I noticed the other day that their checkout was 'temporarilly down', today it still is, and when I try to place an order, it will not take it.
    Further, I tried to call them, but the number is "invalid".
    Anyone know about this?

17. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

I noticed that too. I hope it's only temporary, I was about to buy four discs from them.

18. fini

fini Forum Resident

I purchased Linda Ronstadt's Heart Like a Wheel from them a few weeks ago.

19. syogusr

syogusr New Member

This has just occured within the last week. I was going to order the two new titles (Hard to find 11 and 12) from them, but I cancelled and ordered from Eric Records directly.

20. mayoski

mayoski Forum Resident

On their website...

Notification From DVD Pacific

All customers please be advised that we are currently closed while undergoing some restructuring and updating.
    This is expected to last for approximately the next 48 hours at which time the site will be reopened and re-launched with some exciting changes and improvements.

Please stand-by!

21. syogusr

syogusr New Member

I saw this, but this has been going on for the last week or so, and why would their phone be disconnected, or not working?
    I have a bad feeling:shake:

I also noticed that the above notice is only on DVD Pac; not CD Pac.
    I wonder if they are going to DVD's only.
    Anyway, I ordered those two titles from Eric Rec; and they ship tomorrow.

22. syogusr

syogusr New Member

I also noticed that the notice is currently only on DVD Pac, not CD Pac, which makes me wonder if they are dropping CD's. It is not a good way to do business, as they just lost my sales, and probably many others.

23. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

I believe this is just temporary because I just got a cd from them last week, and just today I noticed that the added the B-52's Cosmic Thing, which was not up last week.

24. El Bacho

El Bacho Forum Resident

As I have mentionned in the Marketplace section,

the owner has sold the whole ensemble of sites. The activity took a hit, mostly with the business accounts I presume, and the guy mentions his own health issues.

It looks like the company has been sold to their main supplier, Alliance Entertainment. Business accounts are transferred to Alliance (the big customers also had this kind of account, hence the mail that's already reproduced on other forums).

The end consumer site, aka DVD Pacific, CD Pacific et alii, is being revamped. There's some progress today but the new site isn't completely updated (it almost always shows catalog prices, a few rare titles are still missing and you can't, of course, order). But it could still take a few more days for the new site to be operational. I don't know if the old team will be back or if Alliance has taken this business alone now.

Pacific was my favorite source for US DVDs and Blu-rays. Their customer service and their policy concerning international orders were mostly excellent, so it would be an heartbreak to see some change.

25. syogusr

syogusr New Member

More like 10 days

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.