CD Pacific - anyone have good contact info? Anyone having problems?*

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by agentalbert, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leshafunk

leshafunk Forum Resident

The term "white countries" was not invented by me - it's an official term for export control (all countries are divided into white, gray and restricted, the classification courtesy US Dept. Of State).
    These restrictions are new for CDPacific, but they are typical for most of US online shops; that's why this store WAS quite popular for buyers from Russia.

2. oldschool

oldschool I love tape hiss

And not only from there..

Too bad, their price on Machine Head is unbeatable :(

3. leshafunk

leshafunk Forum Resident

...presumed you did not have to pay for DHL or UPS :)

4. syogusr

syogusr New Member

Glad to have them back, was ready to write them off. Will be my 'go-to' site for AF and Mo-Fi releases, still seem to have the best prices. So far, I like the new site.:)

5. TOCJ-4091

TOCJ-4091 Senior Member

That's for sure. I've all but dumped that outfit because of the terrible shipping. Acoustic Sounds gets high marks in my book.

6. syogusr

syogusr New Member

Never had a problem with their shipping at all, and I have ordered a lot.

7. RayistaGeoff

RayistaGeoff Forum Resident

Yeah, looks like they're tightening things up. Don't know whether the old CDPacific had a problem with fraud or not, but they now also won't allow international orders to be sent to anything other than the billing address, which is a shame. I used to buy stuff to be sent to my parents or other friends who were coming to visit me. And they won't accept PayPal from non-US accounts either, so you have to give 'em your credit card number.

Definitely AF. Their price on the B-52s disc came out to just a bit more than CDUniverse's base price, even including international shipping, so I thought I'd give 'em a try. Their prices on APs and MOFI SACDs though look like close to list (at least the few that I checked), so I'll definitely stay with jonifan for the MOFIs and figure out what to do eventually if those Impulse SACDs ever come out.

Geoff

8. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

This will be a deal breaker for me.

Living in Canada I had my CD Pacific shipments sent to family in Seattle thereby avoiding higher shipping charges and potential import duties.
    So my billing address doesn't match the shipping address.

9. syogusr

syogusr New Member

I disagree, I don't know what you saw, but I did some searching, and most M0-FI's are $21.34+1.98=$23.32, I don't think anyone can beat that, AFAIK.

10. syogusr

syogusr New Member

I should add that not all Mobile Fidelity's are $21+, but the newer ones are.

11. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

All of the Analogue Productions Jazz SACD's are now $31.98. Apparently, gone are the days of seriously good prices on this series from CD Pacific. Bummer.

12. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

From what I can see it looks like CD Universe now has the cheapest prices on APO SACDs, most are under $25.

Trouble is, is that really the best deal considering how many I'm likely to receive with broken Super Jewel boxes?

13. RayistaGeoff

Yeah, I was looking at the MOFI SACDs, not the gold discs. Those do indeed appear to be decently priced.

Are these the rock SACDs? All the jazz ones look to be over $30.

Geoff

14. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

15. RayistaGeoff

16. A.G. Pennypacker

A.G. Pennypacker Forum Resident

They're back! :goodie: Their Audio Fidelity prices have actually gone down, but they don't offer free shipping for orders anymore. The net result is that you pay about $0.33 more than before (per disc) when you buy two discs. Now if only there was a thread where we could compile all of the Audio Fidelity releases with the places to get the best price. :whistle:

http://dvdpacific.directtoustore.com/music/Default.aspx?si=dvdpacific

17. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

They now have the policy of charging your credit card when you place your order, no matter if the item is in stock or on backorder or preorder, instead of charging your card when the order ships. This prevented me from ordering an MFSL CD that's on backorder, even though its price was only $21.73.

18. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks for the info., Hans. That will prevent me from ordering anything on pre-order or backorder.

19. syogusr

syogusr New Member

They have charged for s/h for awhile now, but actually the price went down 50 cents.
    I will still order Mo-Fi's regardless if they charge right away or not, as they still have about the best prices, and they usually, or did before; ship before many other online sites.

20. RayistaGeoff

Yes, indeed Hans, thanks! I think CDPacific used to do that in their early days as well, so I kind of got in the habit of always looking to see whether something was in stock or not. Guess I'll have to get back in the habit.

Geoff

21. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

I received an email last week regarding my return (which I mentioned earlier in this thread). They are going to get back to me, but I appreciate them at least getting back to me. :)

22. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

... and they still haven't done anything about my order/return.

Does anybody have a current phone number for them? The email I received was from [email protected]

23. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Has anyone purchased from them since their change?

I see the MoFi 24K's are still a good deal but the MoFi and APO SACDs are all at list price.

24. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

I got two CDs from them since they "re-opened". Both discs were in stock when I ordered them and they were delivered pretty fast.

25. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

I just ordered from them today. I wanted SOS from S&G but it was back-ordered so I passed on them. I sent them a note the day before and got their message this morning. I dont think they have a phone or they just dont want to do phone business which I think is not good business. Next time I leave them a message I will ask that question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.