CD shopping - Berlin, Prague, Krakow???

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by kenrothman, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenrothman

kenrothman Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm heading to Eastern Europe for a vacation, and was just wondering if anyone could comment on the used CD scene in Berlin, Prague, and/or Krakow?

I figure that Berlin probably has the most promise, eh?

Anyone know where to go?

2. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Don't recall seeing used CDs in Prague (been a lot longer since I was there), but Berlin certainly has good stuff to be found. The places I had the most success were on Bergmannstrasse, between Mehringdamm and Zossenerstrasse (also a great Syrian restaurant on this street) - take the U7/U6 to Mehringdamm, and on Hasenheide, not far west of Hermannplatz - take the U7/U8 to Hermannplatz. I don't recall the names, unfortunately. Both are in the Kreuzberg neighborhood, which is (IMO) the coolest in the city for food and bargain shopping. Have fun!

3. ChristianL

ChristianL Senior Member

If I ever need some help finding some special places here in Berlin, please allow me to give You a call. :D I'm impressed by Your knowledge about my hometown. :wave:

4. ChristianL

ChristianL Senior Member

Here You are:

Used and new records:
    Comeback Records http://www.han.de/~ott/cr/

First pressings:
    Downtown Records, Brunnenstraße 186, Mitte, Montag bis Sonnabend, 12 bis 20 Uhr, Telefon: 28 44 46 80.

New and used records:
    Rock Steady Records, Maaßenstraße 5, Schöneberg. Montag bis Freitag, 11 bis 19 Uhr, Sonnabend, 10 bis 16 Uhr. Tel. 217 27 20.

Secondhand:
    Da Capo, Kastanienallee 96, Prenzlauer Berg, Montag bis Freitag, 11 bis 19 Uhr, Sonnabend, 11 bis 16 Uhr. Tel. 448 17 71. http://www.da-capo-vinyl.de/

Logo, Bergmannstraße 10, Kreuzberg. Montag bis Freitag, 12 bis 19 Uhr, Sonnabend, 11 bis 16 Uhr. Tel. 693 19 93

5. floyd

floyd Senior Member

In Berlin try the Flea Market held every Saturday and Sunday on Strasse 17 Juni (or is it Juli) in Tiergarten there used to be several great cd sellers there every week. Also there used to be a place called 2002 in Charlottenburg (not to be confused with Zweitausandeins, which is a great shop) and another place called Hurricane on, I believe, Pottsdammer strasse (I believe this street changes names at some point)

In Prague you may want to be careful buying cds as the last time I was there there seemed to be a lot of pirate discs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.