CD text - help needed with various artists discs!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Mal, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist Thread Starter

I have Nero 5.0.1.3 and whenever I burn a various artisist comp I have never been able to get the artists name for individual tracks to appear on my Sony CD players displays. I can get the "title" and "artist" (in this case "Various Artists") for the disc when in stop mode but when I access individual tracks I only get the track title. Does CD Text not allow individual artist information for each track? Nero lets you enter an artist name for each track but I'm beginning to wonder if this is not part of the CD Text format!

The only way I can find round this problem is to include the artist name in the entry for each track title - is this really the only way to get what I want?

:)

2. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Malc - that's how I do it with Exact Audio Copy ( EAC ). I haven't really explored much more than that, but I think that there are ways to retain more information, for example liner notes, etc.

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Nero allows for individiual artist/song title. Just drag your songs across and right click/Properties on each one. You can fill in any information you want, and this works for most any CD TEXT capable player. When you hit the time/display on the CD player, you'll see the song title, but one more press of that button, and the artist name should appear individualized to each song as intended.

4. Mal

The thing is that I've done all this but neither of my Sony players (SCD-1 and XE670) will display the artist entry for an individual track. The only time you can toggle between the title and artist is in stop mode. In play mode only the track title is displayed - there is no option for showing the artist entry for individual tracks that I have typed in using Nero.

Are you saying that there are players out there that do allow you to toggle between title and artist for individual tracks?

5. Mal

Bump!

Has anyone ever seen a CD Text capable player that allows you to toggle between the title field and the artist field on the display for an individual track?

I can only toggle between the two fields when in stop mode on my Sony players - ie you can see the artisit and title name for the whole disc but not individual tracks.

Seeing as CD-Text is a SONY creation (isn't it?) I assume that this is the same for all players - so why does NERO let you enter different artist names for each individual track?

6. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I use either EAC or Player to get track listings and then transfer the downloaded track listings to cdplayer.ini and then the track listings will be in Nero.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.