CD Universe: $10 off $30 via Google, expiry 10/31

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Manos, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manos

Manos Forum Resident Thread Starter

A good deal returns.

The Google Checkout button appears when you're ready to check out.

2. Manos

Manos Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just learned that this offer can be used more than once. From the Google Checkout FAQ:

3. This Google Checkout discount also works at Buy.com and often with free shipping. I have used it twice there on $30 purchases and free shipping.

Chris

4. Prices are better at buy.com, IF they have the cd in stock. You can't get pre-orders or out-of-stock items. Also, buy doesn't charge shipping on cd orders over $25.

5. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

Prices are much better at buy.com:thumbsup:

6. Paul Chang

Paul Chang Forum Old Boy, Former Senior Member Has-Been

Buy.com used to charge a flat "handling" fee. It is not charging that now but just raised prices on many items overnight. California residents also have to pay sales tax. :(

7. They sure did raise prices. I checked some items I just recently purchased. This is extremely rare, prices on things usually go down right after I buy them.

Chris

8. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I just got some blank Taiyo Yuden DVD-R discs for $0.17 each (shipped) from www.shop4tech.com thanks to googlecheckout

:thumbsup:

9. Paul Chang

I think buy.com raised the price on every CD by $0.95 sometime between last night and this morning. :mad:

10. I checked several and that is exactly the amount above the price I paid within the last few days. CD/SACD/DVD-A single disc and box set all went up that amount.

Chris

11. Paul Chang

Chris,

Were you charged the handling fee?

12. No and no tax and no shipping. I went back three times and used Google Checkout for some titles I really wanted.

Chris

13. I have been trying to find dual layer DVD media and that site has Matrix DVD+R for the best price I could find but I don't know anything about the media. All I have ever used is various brands of DVD-R 4.7 GB media. Does anybody know anything about those dual layer blanks?

Chris

14. Paul Chang

At what time does the deal end today?

15. Santo10

Santo10 The Hot Corner

I just (5 minutes ago) put another order in at CD Universe and it worked fine for me.

16. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I have burned several brands of Dual Layer blanks. Only use the kind by Verbatim. The Memorex, Fuji, et. al give different players fits.

17. Oh boy, thanks but I already ordered them. I was afraid to do so but with the expiration of the $10 discount, I took a chance. Oh well, 25 matching coasters will be good for a laugh.

Chris

18. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

:laugh:

Well, you might get some usable ones out of there, report back and let us know!

FWIW, here are the best kind to get. With the google discount, they'll only be $1.69ea.

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=5672&cata=1&s_cata=88

19. Wish I had waited and gotten that deal today. I didn't know what media to get or that the Google discount would be extended. Verbatim sounds like a better risk without even hearing from users, so I don't know what I was thinking. Who knows, maybe the media is made at the same place since I don't know how many manufacturers of blank dual layer media exist.

Chris

20. Paul Chang

The $10 off $30 deal has ended with CD Universe (but buy.com is still running it). But you can still get a $5 bonus (one reward per account number) if you enroll your Citibank credit card or debit card in Google Checkout and make a purchase by December 31, 2006. Just click the following link and scroll down to the bottom of the Google Checkout Tour page.

http://checkout.google.com/buyer/tour.html

Here is the Citibank® Card Promotion Terms.

https://checkout.google.com/buyer/citibonus/rules.html

21. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

buy.com is still running the $10 off $30 purchase.

22. Paul Chang

Sam,

Thanks for the update. :goodie: The Google Checkout banner was not on buy.com when I checked this morning.

23. Paul Chang

Maybe the title of the thread can be updated with buy.com and the new expiration date appended.

24. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

Buy.com is still offering the $10 off $30 offer. They've raised prices on their CDs by 10%, but there are still some great deals to be had. A lot of the old Sony SACDs are now back in stock - I just picked up a ton of hi-rez:

James Taylor - Hourglass SACD
    Carole King - Tapestry SACD
    SRV - Texas Flood SACD
    Al Di Meola, Mclaughlin, de lucia - Friday Night In SF SACD
    Neil Young - Harvest DVD-A
    Santana - Abraxas SACD

for ~$13 each after S&H & tax

Also got the Another Stoney Evening DVD-A, The Band - Music From Big Pink DVD-A, the Neil Young Live At The Fillmore CD/DVD & Steve's Marley Young Mystic SACD.

25. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Thanks, Saatvik! Do ya know how long the $10 off offer will last this time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.