CDs Pressed by Specialty: SRC code?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CardinalFang, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo Nibble

Lazlo Nibble Forum Resident

If you really want to have "that" discussion with me, it'll have to be in another thread.

Misery_loves.., ricks and Shawn like this.
  2. isidroco

isidroco Forum Resident

I uploaded to discogs a Gen5 edition of We Can't Dance (Released 1991-11 Bought it: 1992-10) which might alter your 5gen dating. You can see matrix scan here: http://s.pixogs.com/image/R-658109-1409531629-5939.jpeg
    Discogs entry for now is: http://www.discogs.com/Genesis-We-Cant-Dance/release/658109

3. Ironbelly

Ironbelly Forum Resident

For European market
    The Eagles - The Best Of - [Asylum 960 342-2]. Manufactured in Germany by Record Service GmbH, Alsdorf.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I do not know how this one corresponds to earlier target release from Hanover with the same catalog number. But for those who care - here are the peaks
    Track 01 84.1%
    Track 02 84.5 %
    Track 03 88.3 %
    Track 04 82.0 %
    Track 05 80.4 %
    Track 06 93.3 %
    Track 07 91.1 %
    Track 08 93.3 %
    Track 09 75.1 %
    Track 10 65.7 %
    Track 11 88.1 %
    Track 12 69.4 %
    Track 13 72.4 %

c-eling likes this.
  4. slobass

slobass New Member

Sorry for resurrecting an ancient thread. Based on my google, X marks the spot with the treasure!

I am curious if there has been any further clarification as to the pressing "generations" from SRC? I've recently been on a tear looking for a first pressing of one of my favorite albums and going through my CD collection to better identify exactly what I have in my collection.

Anyhow, the following are a run of promo singles from Nine Inch Nails c.1992. I want to better identify the "generation" of these discs to help identify when they were manufactured. I would assume they all were made in 1992-1993, but I would love a more seasoned opinion.

Given the SRC logo and the absence of the asterisks, would this be considered a 6th generation pressing?
    [​IMG]

Given the asterisks, I think it's safe to consider this a 5th generation pressing. Yes?
    [​IMG]

Would these two be considered 4th generation?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
  5. ricks

ricks Senior Member

1st Generation SRC 01

Platoon Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and Songs From The Era
    81742-2 SRC-01
    Atlantic

jh901 and c-eling like this.
  6. Say

Say Forum Resident

first gen.

Van Morrison - Moondance 3103-2 SRC 05
    Warner Brothers

7. slobass

slobass New Member

I'm still trying to pin down the generations of SRC pressings as referenced in my previous posting. Anyone care to weigh in?

8. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Generation (Glass Master) is the number/Symbol is the Laser system cutting device
    As for your Promo's you have all 1st Gen and 1 second run
    I believe promo cd's were pressed at about 300 or less, I have never seen a SRC-03 or above because of the limited quantities manufactured, your second run #02 may have encountered errors on the first run or there may have been a first for the European market or the promo might have been revised, hard to say

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  9. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

He's referring to SRC's generational technology changes as identified earlier in this thread. Obviously, these are all 90s pressings, which makes them later generation (5th, 6th, etc).

c-eling likes this.
  10. c-eling

Ahhh Gotcha, thanks for the clarification :cheers:

11. slobass

slobass New Member

Yes, I'm trying to pin down the timeframe for the font changes, asterisks, barcode, etc. in the matrix field.

c-eling likes this.
  12. ricks

ricks Senior Member

I know a response to 5 year old post but maybe the info can help someone else.
    Found one of these recently and the 16029-2 SRC 08 I picked up came with smooth case. Also this matrix is the highly regarded Diament mastering not the inferior WG or Japan target based masterings.

mscoll likes this.
  13. mscoll

mscoll Forum Resident

This one is the earliest of "Face Value"CDs that were pressed at WEA/SRC plant. Nice find! Not an easy disc to find, but can be find in the wild. I also have the following:

16029-2 SRC 09
    16029-2 SRC 12
    16029-2 SRC-13

ricks and c-eling like this.
  14. c-eling

Damn, I have the RE-01 03 US, US for Europe

15. ricks

ricks Senior Member

Is it one of the 1st Gen SRC's that have no "SRC 01"

You might still have it, here are the EAC values for the Diament Face V:
    95.5/79.4/100.0/57.7/86.1/95.5/96.2/72.9/100.0/93.3/95.5/94.6

There is a long thread on this forum on the subject with many false leads, bad info, good info and various twists and turns, the most important thing in determining the Diament aside from the peaks is run time of approx 47:48 {plus or minutes , 1-2 seconds}

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    David Lowe, MedozK and c-eling like this.
  16. c-eling

Thanks Ricks, You read my mind, I was actually going to ask for levels
    They match, including the TT :cheers:

17. mscoll

mscoll Forum Resident

Yes, I am not aware of anything with lower number. SRC-01 exists though on Atlantic, but this is an European release and not the 1st Gen.

18. mscoll

mscoll Forum Resident

I have 16029-2 SRC 06 and NOT SRC 09 as I previously posted here. Sorry for the confusion.

princesskiki likes this.
  19. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

Wow. Wish I had seen this a few weeks ago. I have hunted forever, for the WG Target, finally finding it a couple weeks ago. Now I am kicking myself for not paying attention to all the SRC pressings. Well, at least now I have another quest.

c-eling and princesskiki like this.
  20. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Just noticed my Badlands - S/T is an SRC-01.

21. George P

George P Notable Member

I have a USA copy with the same matrix and the same blurb in the booklet. However, a number of the tracks fade in and out. Can you check the transition from the first to the second track and see if track one fades out before track two starts?

22. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Ouch. That "Lovesexy" CD is currently out of reach (must be in one of the boxes in the attic) but I'll let you know as soon as possible. Cheers :)

George P likes this.
  23. mario villarroel

mario villarroel Forum Resident

Any idea about year of manufacturing?
    :help::righton:

24. Ironbelly

Ironbelly Forum Resident

No idea. Guess - 1987 or later.
    There is a secondary feature - the back cover is like that of 'target' CD made by PDO. I.e. it can not be earlier than late 1986.

mario villarroel and c-eling like this.
  25. mario villarroel

mario villarroel Forum Resident

yes, that was the same thing I guess... (I was right)
    I have an ELP Cd with the same hub, but made in USA, I canĀ“t determine which year it was made

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.