DCC Archive Cd's

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Unknown, Sep 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unknown

Unknown Guest Thread Starter

Can someone tell me the difference in quality between a gt hits album (eg dire straits) released on a groups own label and one released through say another like BMG, Specrum music etc.

The reason I ask is that there is quite a price difference

2. Sergio Ruz

Sergio Ruz Forum Resident

I don't know of any Dire Straits greatest hits compilations other than "Money for nothing" (from the late 80's, featuring several live versions and remixes, supposedly unavailable anywhere else) and the fairly recent 1998 Very best of, both of them on the Vertigo label, an imprint of Universal Music Europe.
    There's not too much overlap between the two collections, but unfortunately, both feature edited versions of some songs, particularly "Brothers in arms" and "Money for nothing", which, at 4:05, isn't the single edit (at 4:35, if I recall correctly), nor the full length album version.
    As for Spectrum, it's a budget label that I never really cared about, as they usually repackage the same material from better thought compilations, same as the old Karusell (sic) and Polystar budget labels of yesteryear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.