cdx-1 digital recorder and other basic ?'s

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by confuzion, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. confuzion

confuzion New Member Thread Starter

about a year ago i decided to get serious with music but not knowing anyone who does it i decided to learn eevrything on my own, basically just buying stuff and messing with it till i learned stuff. i made a cd and manufactured it through small manufacturing company online. everything was pretty clear on it but i can tell the quality of it just did not sound like a regular studio song on the radio or that would be on tv.

my questions is im now doing my 2nd cd that is almost done and i want to sell it in stores but i dont wanna sell the people a near studio sounding cd i want it a step up from the last one and be as close to perfect as possible so i can air it on radio and tv in the future. my vocals and beat sound great but just dont have that studio sounding feel to it like my sound levels may be way off. if i took the time and dumped money into having someone remaster it would this fix the problem? i wouldnt want to spend a lot of money if the cd is not gonna come out the way i want it so i have been skeptic about getting it remasterd. that is my major question

what i had used to record is a roland cdx-1 digital recorder and a dr-20 dynamic mic. i tried another mic ($500 one) and it didnt make to much of a difference so i returned it. when i record with this recorder i try some of the mastering tools inside of it, i use vocal efx 3 when i record my vocals to raise the volume up a notch and then when i mix it all down to my master i use the "cassette" mixdown becuase i found it makes everything overall a little louder. i dont know if any of this paragraph info helps but i thought i would throw it in.

does everyone have the same sound i do from a digital recorder and then get there tracks remastered? or does my recorder just sound crummy? or am i doing something wrong?

i appreciate any type of feedback or info thank u

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.