[CES 2011 related] Questions about future of High-Resolution audio at Sony?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PanaPlasma, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident Thread Starter

The UK magazine "WhatHiFi" will interview / chat with Eric Kingdon (Sony) in about 20 minutes.

If you have questions you could ask them here:
    [email protected]

In the previous chat he mentioned he was listening to sacd's and still believes in a physical format next to the downloads. So that's a good point, to ask him questions about the future of sacd and high resolution downloads (especially for pop & rockmusic). Also an opportunity to talk about the loudness wars and the need for "good sounding modern music".

Site article: http://whathifi.com/News/Talk-3D-and-the-future-of-TV-with-Sonys-tech-expert-Eric-Kingdon/

Fans of good sounding music, I'm hoping for your support ... Mail them while you got the opportunity!

I have made myself a mail, talking about why "Music" is degraded so much, if you see all the attention about high definition tv. Everything must be 3D Full HD, but soundquality of "music" is getting almost unlistenable on a good system.

2. PanaPlasma

3. PanaPlasma

The page is no longer available ... but the article was posted today.

I mailed the above address.

4. PanaPlasma

5. music_man

music_man New Member

Thank you for the link Panaplasma!

NB: For those interested in the matter, you can find here the position of Eric Kingdon on Blu-Spec, fasten your seatbelts...

http://hcc.techradar.com/features/blu-spec+CD+sounds+better

In the comment section, check out the review titled "What a load of Twaddle & Hype" ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.