Chad Kassem's Big Project

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Stebbin, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Stebbin

Stebbin Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I was wondering what everyone was thinking the next UHQR will be from analogue productions. I saw in a recent video from Chad on the Acoustic Sounds YouTube channel that they had some "very big news" coming soon, so maybe we'll hear something in the next month or so. Maybe Who's Next or Tommy? Led Zeppelin catalog with the classic records stampers? What do you all think?

2. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

I really hope they get the flaws in the UHQR process worked out before they announce anything good.

3. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I would be interested in Who's Next, provided it doesn't turn into a cracklefest fiasco like the recent Miles title.

No interest in Zep, not my personal taste.

berndt likes this.
  4. Stebbin

Yeah I would love to see some of the Who titles repressed, which seems likely imo. And yeah definitely some quality problems need to be addressed. My miles was also f'ed up in some spots

patient_ot likes this.
  5. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Don't know if it is the next one but I suspect DSOTM by Pink Floyd will happen in the future...probably within the next year.

aoxomoxoa, myles, astro70 and 2 others like this.
  6. Stebbin

That would be great, and quite possible considering they recently got an SACD out. Maybe even more from the pink floyd catalog? Wall and wish you were here would be interesting

rockclassics and Rycherocker634 like this.
  7. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I would likely preorder any of the above. I’m out on the 45 rpm KOB however. I got a descent 33 UHQR KOB but I’m KOBO (kind of burned out) on KOB.

hi_watt, boboquisp and Stebbin like this.
  8. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

I think Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here too. Ballads and A Love Supreme to follow next year. Sometime after that Natty Dread and Who's Next.

joshm2286 and Stebbin like this.
  9. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Agree on WYWH. I would really like to see that. If they did a UHQR of The Wall, how many discs would that take as a 45 RPM? Probably about 8 total? That could be very, very expensive.

joshm2286 and Leviethan like this.
  10. RaggaMuffin

RaggaMuffin Well-Known Member

Chad Kassem mentioned recently that something big from Pink Floyd is coming soon: . He mentioned it while going through Floyd SACDs, so it could possibly not be vinyl related, though.

rockclassics and Stebbin like this.
  11. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

If the thing exists, I would bet the 5.1 Animals so often discussed is the logical choice. I don't think the Immersion thing went all that well. Over 10 year later, new copies are still available for no more than they originally sold for.

RaggaMuffin likes this.
  12. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

13. Stebbin

Just saw that and immediately went and bought it lol. Their website traffic was pretty high so it took a while to get through. Really curious to see how this one fares to the extremely cheap 2014 Marino AAA cut.

Leonthepro likes this.
  14. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

Im guessing this one will be slightly better just as with the Axis UHQR. But Im not shelling out 125$ + 100$ shipping for it.

Buzzman3535 likes this.
  15. Stebbin

Jeez that shipping is insane. I definitely agree though. Are you experienced is a great album, but the tapes are not in great condition from what I heard and the recording isn't exactly "audiophile", so i can't really see huge improvements. I would have definitely preferred another band

Leonthepro likes this.
  16. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

FWIW

Cmon Chad more Jimi and Aqualung ? I’m a little disappointed :( … I love ya Chad but how bout just something other than those two. I’d even be ok with a Coltrane UHQR. But the last few UHQRs other than Miles was Aqua and Jimi :(

17. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Let's cool it with the same old tired horses. No more Coltrane or Miles for a few years. Anything but that stuff or Folk Singer.

Something that hasn't been reissued a million times by audiophile labels is appreciated and a breath of fresh air.

I'm in.

18. Stebbin

YES! hopefully they start to mix it up a bit more. The folk singer "competition" between MoFi and AP was very annoying.

TS582 and Strat-Mangler like this.
  19. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Just won’t happen - risk taking is not what these UHQRs are about. 3 of the next few are Coltrane and Miles too - sorry!

20. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

:hurl:

Jellis77 and TS582 like this.
  21. TS582

TS582 Forum Resident

Damn

Jellis77 and Strat-Mangler like this.
  22. TS582

TS582 Forum Resident

I wouldn’t mind a Zep II from the Classic masters.

MikeJedi, Stebbin and Jellis77 like this.
  23. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Big Classic Rock titles and heavy hitter Jazz (Miles and Coltrane , Bill Evans would work and AP announced UHQRs of Sunday and Waltz For Debby some years ago which didn’t happen for some reason). That’s about it. I can’t see any classical or anything much released past the mid 70s. Chad did talk about Marley’s Natty Dred as a UHQR possibility - that may be as out of left field as he will go. Fair enough if he wants to sell 20,000 expensive box sets.

McLover likes this.
  24. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Tool Aenima from the Classic stampers please. They would sell out 20000 of those in a day.

25. Swansong

Swansong From Planet Earth

You have no idea what your missing. This ’Are You Experienced’ UHQR is incredible. I’m talking life changing incredible.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022