Chad Kassem's Big Project

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Stebbin, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Sava Dimitrov

Sava Dimitrov In My Own Write

Chad really cracked me up recently when he said he found out about Alice In Chains like two months ago.

I think that means we might get an album after 1980 around 2046.

2. DannyG

DannyG Forum Resident

This isn’t blues?

4-2-7 likes this.
  3. fairaintfair

fairaintfair I Buried Paul

Yes. By a country mile.

Joti Cover, Tyler, RC1 and 2 others like this.
  4. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

And the reason Kansas is still popular with the young crowd is because of guitar hero and this

Bigdz68, bruinuclafan and ubiknik like this.
  5. Sava Dimitrov

The band is literally a meme

bruinuclafan likes this.
  6. Swordsandchains

One good news item out of that video is that with the coming Billie Holiday 45 is that the price is staying at $60 and that the $65 we saw for Stand Up wasnt a new price but most likely for the extra cost of the jacket

Mazzy, DeRosa and 420JJJazz666 like this.
  7. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Forum Resident

What stood out to me in that video was the new titles he’s doing from Classic Records old metal parts.

MikeJedi likes this.
  8. Swordsandchains

oh thats just classic chad

AFA and 420JJJazz666 like this.
  9. 420JJJazz666

420JJJazz666 Hasta Siempre, Comandante

I could really go for an AP Mingus Ah Um, 2x45 standard (non-UHQR) made from the Classic metalworks.

Anyone know if Chad has those plates?

Since he's putting out Lady in Satin, the license is definitely doable for him...

bmusic likes this.
  10. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Mingus Blues and Roots is done and will come out on dbl 45. I think Tull Benefit will follow soon to.

bmusic and 420JJJazz666 like this.
  11. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

Does Chad like Genesis? I know Classic had Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England and Lamb and they all sound great.

bmusic and FashionBoy like this.
  12. Swordsandchains

What i have found interesting about that Mingus is that its been removed from the Fall 2022 releases inserts inside the lps, its no longer advertised. Is it confirmed to still actually be happening?

13. dlb99

dlb99 Forum Resident

If you objectively look at statistics, no they actually are not. Park you assumptions at the door and prove your assertion.

I already quoted you that on Spotify there are far more steams of Kansas than Steely Dan (over 7 million vs over 4 million per month).

Steely Dan has about 170k subscribers on YouTube vs 644k for Kansas.

Forum topics per band are roughly equal here at the Steve Hoffman forums.

Album sales roughly equal.

Would Chad sell far more Steely Dan? Sure, his label caters to that crowd. But in the Pantheon of Rock history Steely Dan and Kansas would be roughly in the same neighborhood. To state otherwise would be maliced.

Opinions, we all have them. Stats however don't lie.

Tullman likes this.
  14. dlb99

dlb99 Forum Resident

Seriously?
    Does he like them?
    Yet he doesn't like early Sabbath?

I can't understand how he would be a big Zeppelin fan yet not like early Sabbath. Zep I and Paranoid for example are not worlds apart, different yes, but not different genres altogether.

elvisizer likes this.
  15. elvisizer

elvisizer Forum Resident

Heh that clip is from 10 YEARS ago.
    it's a new generation of kids now, they've never played guitar hero

16. dlb99

dlb99 Forum Resident

Yeah, if I had to money on it. James Guthrie masters of the 70s albums.

Meets the criteria of a very big 70s Classic Rock band, with Audiophile cred, for a band Chad has already worked with before.

Chad would quickly sell all his pressings for these guys.

StarsCanFrighten likes this.
  17. elvisizer

elvisizer Forum Resident

it's amusing but honestly I'm happy with the 33pd paranoid and the SHM-SACDs for the rest of the first 5 sabbath's. I probably wouldn't buy AP releases of 'em anyway

18. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Same here. Love Zep, never liked Sabbath.

Jimmy Cooper, DPC, Jack and 1 other person like this.
  19. Sava Dimitrov

Apparently he really loved Rooster. Or as he called it ''That Rooster song''.

Chad is the best XD

20. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Where do you get that Zeppelin has been done to death? They havent. And to many fans they've not been done right since the originals and older reissues came out. Zeppelin has never been a band that has been done to death.

And if you count the CRs, they are OOP and sky high. The Page remasters arent well recieved by many in the audiophile community.

Basically, in over 50 yrs the Zeppelin catalogue has had CRs as far as an audiophile reissue and thats it.

It would be fantastic if Kevin, Chris or Ryan were asked to do an audiophile remastering of Zeppelin and finally get it right with a good balance between the best original pressings and a tad modernization to them.

The idea of "they been done to death" simply isnt true.

21. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Actually he is the worst stick in the mud ever. But his label.

22. The audiophile community may not like the Page boxes but most Zeppelin freaks love those sets. Wonder what percentage make up audiophiles.

23. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Zep would save me a ton of money, as I already have all the Classics.

24. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

That is who will be buying the Zeppelins if they are done, which highly unlikely thats happening, are us audiophiles.

Many reissues are accepted by the general public. I dont gauge sound on that. And Id say in the big Zeppelin reissue thread many were not happy with the sound or found them subpar in comparison to the best originals. That isnt even taking into consideration the lame-o "outtakes" for the most part.

But yeah, strictly speaking audiophile, many were disappointed.

Doesnt really matter I highly doubt Zeppelin will be done with new mastering anytime soon if ever.

Of course, Id love to see KG get his hands on even a high quality digital transfer of the Zep tapes. I bet he could knock it out of the park just fine.

Jimmy Cooper likes this.
  25. Sava Dimitrov

They should've done better with the extra material. I love Zeppelin and it was dissapointing to see many of the alternate versions not being that much more different from the original cuts.

The books are very nice, I'll give Page that. The two live ones are probably the sets I'm most happy to have.