Charlie Brown Xmas on ABC @ 8PM tonight

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by bartels76, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I still have the VHS tape. I should get the DVD fast. I'm having enough trouble finding the Schoolhouse rock DVDs now.

Christmas isn't Christmas without this cartoon! While i'm at it, a should pick up "Santa Clause Is Coming To Town".

Oh yeah, it the "Grinch That Stole Christmas" on DVD?

2. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Not meaning to tread crap here, but which old Christmas TV special had the songs about the "Heat Mizer" and "Snow Mizer". For some reason, the song is in my head, but I don't remember the source.

3. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Yes, the "Grinch" is on dvd. If you order online, just make sure you are ordering the original cartoon and not the live-action, Jim Carrey remake.

4. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

jon - that would be from "A Year Without Santa Claus"

5. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

All I've seen this year is the 3-DVD box too. But still, the Thanksgiving special was funny with Snoopy's "menu".

6. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

That's the one. I don't think I've watched it more than twice, but the kids like it. That's probably the "bonus" episode with the original Xmas special on the DVD.

7. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

I timed it, and it was 31 minutes.

However, some scenes were stopped in the middle so that commercials could play. The entire network commercial break structure is so different then in 1965.

What a wonderful program! Timeless and classic. And Vince Gualardi's "Linus and Lucy" heard throughout. Beautiful.

Evan

8. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I know that the opening and closing had to be edited due to Coca-Cola plugs. Here's what IMDb says:

However, I've noticed another edit.

This is a question for all you "old-timers" out there who may remember the initial broadcast(s): is there another Coke plug during the first performance of "Linus and Lucy?" Ever since I was a kid, I've noticed an awkward and sudden (and, to this point, unexplained) cut during that particular part of the special.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.