Check out this guy’s Honeymooners collection on his YouTube video.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Frank Gannucci, Sep 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Gannucci

Frank Gannucci Forum Resident Thread Starter

Basically, he has EVERY SINGLE home video release of this show with a few exceptions.

You will notice that he does gets some facts wrong like he calls the 1970s Honeymooners specials part of the Jackie Gleason Show. That is not right. They were called Jackie Gleason Presents The Honeymooners.

He actually gives the Honeymooners a good review but he does state it’s not as bad as you think. He only has the VHS release of it (probably one of the last VHS releases ever made in general.)

You will also notice that he has the original Honeymooners Lost Episodes VHS releases. The original home video releases have BOTH the Time Life and MPI home video logos on them because they were released by both companies in 1985. Who would have thunk that 32 years later, both companies would work together again when Time Life released the Jackie Gleason Show in Color (another video release he doesn’t have) and when Time Life did ads for the Jackie Gleason Show in Color, they offered the choice of either buying the set or buying both the set and the 2011 MPI home video Lost Episodes DVD box set.

He does however have some releases that I never saw before but the footage is noth8ng new.

longdist01 and bluemooze like this.
  2. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Thanks!

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

WOW! thanks so much...huge fan of the show...

4. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Love to see the closing introductions from Jackie...Jayne Keene, Sheila Macrae, Art Carney ... with each name louder, followed by him bellowing "Good Night Everybody". A lot of Saturday nights when I was about ten.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.