Dismiss Notice
We are rebuilding the search index and other forum caches this morning. Search results may not appear correct until indexing has completed, and the forum may respond a little slower than normal until this has finished.

Chernobyl HBO Miniseries

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dr. Funk, May 6, 2019.

1. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Here's the first teaser trailer of the upcoming russian Chernobyl The Abyss movie. Stars top box office names like Danila Kozlovsky. Everyone already hates it online since HBO series acquired a cult status here but we'll see. Anyway, it looks more like a traditional catastrophe movie. The good thing is the station itself looks more authentic than on HBO, just like I remember it looking from the TV reports I saw as a kid.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    AndrewK and SandAndGlass like this.
  2. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

But will they blame American spies and bombs for the disaster? :whistle:

3. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Don't think so.

GentleSenator likes this.
  4. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

great series, I think HBO did a great job. Scary and real stuff, must remember the brave men and women who were part of liquidation efforts

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    iworkatinitech and SandAndGlass like this.
  5. Solaris Morse

Solaris Morse Forum Resident

I watched the 5 parts on dvd yesterday in one sitting. Wow, powerful stuff. Although its a drama and not a documentary, I didn't get the impression that the filmmakers took too many liberties and attempted to keep things as realistic as possible. There are certainly a lot of people who are alive today thanks to the bravery of men and women who put others before themselves.

coffeetime and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  6. There are some inaccuracies including the whole ‘bridge of death’ references. There were also some factual shortcuts and at least 0ne major character Created to represent many many people. The changes (with the exception of the myth of the bridge of death) made sense dramatically. There were other dramatic license taken but it is a dramatization and most made sense.

Solaris Morse likes this.
  7. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I have not seen the series but have segments on YouTube. It does appear to be well done but it also does contain many factual inaccuracies.

One scene that comes to mind was the scene in the hospital where a visitor to an exposed radiation victim is warned about him being radioactive, which is not accurate.