Chicago Repair Shops?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Trey A, Feb 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trey A

Trey A Forum Resident Thread Starter

Any good recommendations for audio equipment repair in Chicago? I have an old Marantz receiver I'd like to get fixed and would really be grateful for a suggestion or two. I'm on the north side of the city but will cover some ground to get to somebody good. Thanks in advance.

2. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

The #1 that has consistently been recommended on these boards from the local folk is stereo rehab.

Stereo Rehab

it’s clear reading through his site he clearly knows what he’s doing. His hours are a little weird though and I couldn’t tell you what timelines look like but by all accounts he’s honest, fair, and simply knows what he’s doing.

Buanadha, Scott Sigman and Trey A like this.
  3. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

From what I've heard...
    He does a quicker turnaround if you're a new customer. I believe he's only open like on Fridays and Saturdays.

Trey A and recstar24 like this.
  4. SteevG

SteevG Forum Resident

Casper at Stereo Rehab is your best bet. He works on gear during the week and opens after 12 noon on Friday and Saturday for people to pick up their gear. Use e-mail, as that's his prefered method of contact. He will get back to you.

pudgym, recstar24 and Trey A like this.
  5. Thank for your information, I also need him too

6. Trey A

Trey A Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for chiming in, everybody. Really appreciate the recommendation.

recstar24 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.