Chicago Tranisity Authority LP - TML pressings ("Barry" & "Ian")

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TheVinylAddict, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

I don't have CTA in a UK pressing, but I do have a UK Chicago III with A1/B1/C1/D1 stampers. Its missing the posters but the LPs are clean and have virtually no surface noise compared to the US pressing (which I have in a low cut letter 1D/1D/1B/1B pressing). It's probably on par with your UK CTA.

2. Octavian

Octavian Forum Resident

Sooo... what pressing do I need to get to find a TML pressing for Transit Authority?

I use Discogs to find and purchase my pressings and as said above there are no variations with TML. Hell, there aren’t even any US pressings versions from 1972 until 1984 besides the quad mix.

I guess the only way I can find it is by messaging all the sellers and asking if TML is in the deadwax.

3. Sir_Mortimer

Sir_Mortimer Member

Hi! I'm a bit late to the party! Found this forum researching to identify my CTA pressing.
    For what I've read here, I may have something good on my hands. But couldn't find it on Discogs, so... here I am.

Side 1: xsm 139684-IN [etched] TML-M [stamped] IAN [etched]
    Side 2: XSM139685-2D [stamped]
    Side 3: xsm-139839-ICE [etched] TML ¨ [stamped]
    Side 4: T1 xsm-139840 IAm [etched] TML-M [stamped]

4. mikeh69

mikeh69 Forum Resident

Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Carrollton, GA

Let me tell you about two LP's thanks to Discogs ... I know where these strange sounding records came from that had two things in common. Pink Floyd Animals done by Barry and Laura Nyro's Christmas and the beads of sweat done by Ian ... I don't know what happened at this record plant or how they made these things happen.... But they made Animals and Christmas have more dynamics in these two LP's I had then any other copies I heard of them.... There both basically dark sounding albums... Not these copies.... Any know what they had there and how they made these things happen. Anyone notice these type of things ?

Here is Laura Nyro's which was a rare promo copy.... Might be the only one.... Try to make sense of it... I took everything I could off the dead wax... sometimes I could barely read certain things... But this is pretty much it.

LJXP7 - PBL - 30259 G/B G/2 P 2

LJXD7 - AL - 30259 G/A D G1 B1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.