Chris Rea

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by averica, Apr 9, 2019.

1. rs4951

rs4951 Forum Resident

I think he mentioned in an interview when Espresso Logic came out that WEA were not looking to release anything for a while but then he played them 2 tracks and they changed their minds...which surprised me a bit at the time because it is a weak album. Hardly worth rushing out.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  2. BryanS

BryanS Forum Resident

3. rs4951

rs4951 Forum Resident

Apart from lack of outtakes, these are excellent and recommended.

4. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Wow, sold out again already.

EG.

rs4951 likes this.
  5. BryanS

BryanS Forum Resident

That's funny - I had email Rhino a few weeks ago to see if they would be getting these back in stock. I got confirmation this morning that they were back in stock - clicked on the link and purchased immediately. However if I go through the Rhino site normally it lists as out of stock. The link they sent me still shows it as available. Maybe try "Deluxe 2CD Editions (Bundle) Chris Rea " and add "?eml=stocknotification" minus the inverted commas at the end of the link in the address bar.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  6. rs4951

rs4951 Forum Resident

Good to hear. The more they sell the better..more chance of future releases coming.

Carlox and Eric_Generic like this.
  7. David Robinson

David Robinson Forum Resident

As Eric says, that's showing as Sold Out.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  8. telecode101

telecode101 Forum Resident

Fauk.. that would have been a good deal. I picked up the OAS 5 disk set. It sounds amazing for the price.

9. rs4951

rs4951 Forum Resident

No detail yet but a three disc set called “Era 1” with a Sept release on Warner has cropped up on some Italian sites. No other info at all. At such short notice it’s probably nothing exciting, but I’ll keep watch .

10. George Cooke

George Cooke Well unknown member

Something on Amazon UK now :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DP7WVG5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_hOtwFbYB2600A

As Bs and Rarities according to the cover - three CD set called Era 1 1978-94

11. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Jarleboy and rs4951 like this.
  12. seanw

seanw Forum Resident

Anyone got good eyesight?

[​IMG]

Jarleboy, rs4951, PH416156 and 2 others like this.
  13. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

I tried to blow it up! :laugh:

EG.

Jarleboy likes this.
  14. Rubberpigg

Rubberpigg Senior Member

Warner Archives
    Yesterday at 06:05

A new compilation of Chris Rea’s early work between 1978 to 1984: ERA 1 (As, Bs and Rarities).
    Will be available as a 3CD set, digitally and a shorter LP version released 6th November 2020

Chris Rea – ERA 1 (As, Bs and Rarities 1978 – 1984), is a new compilation album that brings together a collection of Chris Rea’s early work between 1978 to 1984 and will be released on 16 October through Rhino.
    The set provides a comprehensive look at Chris Rea’s progression as a solo artist, which started following spells in bands Magdalene and The Beautiful Losers.
    After securing a solo record deal with Magnet Records, Chris released his debut solo album ‘Whatever Happened to Benny Santini?’ in 1978.

It will be released as a 3CD set at all retailers, a digital download and through streaming sites, with many of the tracks available digitally for the first time.
    In addition, a cutdown version will be released as a single LP that will be available exclusively through D2C WEBSITE LINK that features a collection of some of Chris’ rarest tracks..

ERA 1 1978-1984 As Bs and Rarities begins with an edited version of Chris Rea’s first big hit ‘Fool (If You Think It’s Over)’ which came from his debut album.
    The track became a big hit in the USA, earning him a 1979 Grammy nomination as Best New Artist.

Following on from this are a whole host of rarities, including B-sides, language
    variations and different mixes released throughout this period.
    During this time Chris Rea released six studio albums one of those being Wired To The Moon – of which this set’s cover artwork is adapted from. Inside contains a booklet which includes pictures of the various original singles artwork.

15. George Cooke

I can just about make out I Can Hear Your Heartbeat.

Certainly tantalising stuff for fans.

The cover makes me think of Wired to the Moon.

I'm hoping this will be goodies from the early Magnet albums and some non album tracks on CD.

Jarleboy, rs4951 and Eric_Generic like this.
  16. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

I wonder if this is instead of actual expanded deluxes of those albums, as 1984 would bring us up to Wired For The Moon.

EG.

serj, George Cooke and Jarleboy like this.
  17. George Cooke

Thanks - this is superb news.

The LP with selections is also welcome.

Good old Rhino again.

Jarleboy, rs4951 and Eric_Generic like this.
  18. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Are they going to include every version of "Josephine"? :D

19. Comet01

Comet01 Forum Resident

I hope that "Bittersweet" will be included!
    It looks like it could be the 13th track on the 3rd disc.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  20. rs4951

rs4951 Forum Resident

I see Ace of hearts, let it loose, touché d’amour, from love to love, I can hear your heartbeat . Lots of remixes rather than unreleased I expect, but this is a very welcome release.

21. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Plenty of 7" mixes from that era which as far as I know haven't been on CD (yet). Here's hoping.

EG.

sennj, PH416156, George Cooke and 2 others like this.
  22. rs4951

rs4951 Forum Resident

https://img.ibs.it/images/0190295306052_1_0_0_75.jpg

Confusing...maybe the tracklists on the discs don’t mention why many of these are rare, or perhaps they just aren’t rare at all, they are just tracks that were on singles even if not remixed, in which case it’s still a welcome release but not as exciting as it could have been.

(checking that link...right website but not the pic it should be. Suggest going to img.ibs.it and search from there. Sorry)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    Comet01, Eric_Generic and Rubberpigg like this.
  23. Comet01

Comet01 Forum Resident

Large enough to make out some of the song titles.
    [​IMG]

24. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Looks fairly promising!

Do we know what kind of price-point this set will be?
    EG.

Jarleboy and Comet01 like this.
  25. George Cooke

If this set is called ERA 1 etc. I winder if there might be a planned ERA 2, ERA 3 as well along the line?

The old Magnet labels add to the retro charm for this set. It's clearly aimed at fans (like me). Non fans would just go with Rea's hits packages.

Interesting decision instead of reissuing the early albums individually with additional discs.

I'll make a guess at £11.99 for the 3 CD set - essentially a nice comp.

The selections single vinyl LP could be more like double that - £2399 - I would guess.

Let's see....

Whatever, both are automatic buys for me.

If I've guessed the prices correctly I'll reward myself with the new Nick Cave or Bruce LP..

If I've guessed wrong I guess I'll have to punish myself with the new Nick Cave or Bruce LP.

:wiggle: