Chris Rea

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by averica, Apr 9, 2019.

1. HeavensAbove

HeavensAbove Forum Resident

Yes! My favorite version:

Avery Keen-Garde and curbach like this.
  2. Reeves Music

Reeves Music Well-Known Member

3. rs4951

rs4951 Forum Resident

I wonder how Daughter 2, Julia, feels about Daughter 1's song being revisited so often while her one is ignored :)
    [Although there is a lovely version on the live album]

4. Good grief! Another one. I'd never heard this one before. It's different to the version on the UK CD of New Light Through Old Windows.

5. HeavensAbove

HeavensAbove Forum Resident

Yes. If you want it in CD quality, you need to get the US Geffen edition of New Light Through Old Windows. I like this much better than the version on the UK CD. Dig that funky bassline in the chorus...very Chic-like.

Rockford & Roll likes this.
  6. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

After years of seeing this guy's name and not hearing a note of his music, I recently got a used copy of "The Blue Cafe". After one listen, I was bored. After the second listen, I got it. There's a real warmth and depth to his style. I want to hear more.

7. Rockford & Roll

Rockford & Roll Forum Resident

I've become fan after picking up " New Light Through Old Windows". I need to add a couple more to my collection.

F.U.B.B, Eric_Generic and rs4951 like this.
  8. Sex Lies And Master Tapes

Sex Lies And Master Tapes Forum Resident

I like the version with the classic guitar intro.
    Here's the short version (there's somewhere an other version with a longer intro. If you search on YT, i'm sure you'll find it) :

9. julotto

julotto Forum Resident

...plus the "Symphonic Version" from 2018:

10. rs4951

rs4951 Forum Resident

The track list for One fine day actaully excludes one track that had been listed by the Dutch site..Fascination is missing..

11. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Though the New Lights version of Josephine is good, I still prefer the original from Shamrock Diaries.
    My copy is on Magnet, made in West Germany (must have been a long time ago if there was still “West” Germany)

Eric_Generic likes this.
  12. elgreco

elgreco Forum Resident

Correct, that's the first CD version of the album, and it still has the original Josephine. It was replaced circa 1988 by a reissue on the EastWest label that has the wrong version. That one is still available up to this day.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  13. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Will the 2019 remaster/reissue restore the original version to the main album? I assume so.

EG.