Chris Robinson Brotherhood - Barefoot in the Head

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LUNACHUCK, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

2. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

3. Senor Muddy

Senor Muddy Forum Resident

I saw the CRB free show in Vail last week. These guys rock, so much better then the As The Crow Flies show I saw in Denver.

Just one man's opinion.

4. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

ATCF was an ad-hoc grouping of people who formed for a short-period to play songs 2 members (Leone and King) barely knew.

Bug difference between that and CRB, or even Magpie...

Erik B. likes this.
  5. pocofan

pocofan Senior Member

Great album. Kind of trippy. . A little pedal steel and banjo here and there. Really enjoying it. Any recommendations of which album to get next ?

GuidedByJonO))) and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Olompali, Senor Muddy and budwhite like this.
  7. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Hard to go past ‘Big Moon Ritual’, even though it’s quite different.

Rockin' Robby likes this.
  8. twister

twister Forum Resident

To me the mini album/EP “If You Lived Here, You Would Be Home By Now” is close in style to “Barefoot In The Head”.

pocofan and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Loving the snippets of the recording process for the new album(?) they've been tossing up on Instagram.

Bonddm and Rockin' Robby like this.
  10. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

GuidedByJonO))) likes this.
  11. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

12. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

Great article. I've had some of these thoughts on my own. I think CRB represents where Chris actually is in his mind. I saw As The Crow Flies recently in Oakland, and it kicked ass, but I like how CRB kicks ass in another way entirely. I think for years Chris struggled with whether he wanted to be Faces/Stones or a hippie. I think the hippie finally won out. But he managed to do both, which is a rare feat.

Quincy, Senor Muddy, budwhite and 2 others like this.
  13. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

14. CowboyBob

CowboyBob Forum Resident

Graham, Bonddm and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Graham and budwhite like this.
  16. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Europe tour next summer... Lets hope so!

jonnyeric and Bonddm like this.
  17. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I’m hoping there’s also some Australian dates in 2019!

budwhite likes this.
  18. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

So I’m a huge Crowe’s fan and somehow I was completely late to the game and just recently started exploring Chris Robinson Brotherhood. The more I listened the more I was blown away. I currently own Big Moon Ritual and Magic Door on vinyl, both amazing. I’ve ordered Barefoot In The Head and the one before that as well. Haven’t even heard the live albums yet. Randomly I checked their tour dates to see if they had anything in 2019 near Seattle and to my surprise next Friday night at the Showbox for $25! Wow, that’s less than a block from my work and probably too good to pass up!

19. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Bonddm likes this.
  20. Desolation Row

Desolation Row Forum Resident

Be sure to grab The Phosphorescent Harvest too. It's my personal favorite. Glad you are digging the CRB. I'm a diehard Black Crowes fan since the first album; they're my all-time favorite band. I'm actually listening to 10/13/96 Cleveland as I type this. I followed Chris into this new project with an open mind, and I love it. Barefoot in the Head is beautiful--my second favorite from the group. Enjoy!

Further, Erik B., Bonddm and 2 others like this.
  21. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Thanks, will definitely check that one out as well. I've been a huge Crowes fan since Shake Your Money Maker as well. I tend to like the more rocking material but you can always hang your hat on the vocals of Chris Robinson and the new psychedelic sounds are awesome. His voice sounds fantastic on all of these albums. Unfortunately only caught the Crowes once but it was a rediculously incredible show at the old Howlin' Wolf in New Orleans. Small venue with probably over 300 packed in there which was well above fire code. Fought my way up front and just gazed in amazement the whole night about ten feet from Chris. They blew the roof off of the place. Can't recall exactly but probably around 1997-1998 when i saw them.

22. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

A great track that didn’t make the cut on the CD version of The Phosphorescent Harvest.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Desolation Row likes this.
  23. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

There’s a fair chunk of “Barefoot” featured within this concert.

01. Jump The Turnstile 00:00:00
    02. Venus In Chrome 00:07:27
    03. Good To Know 00:13:37
    04. Ain't It Hard But Fair 00:20:42
    05. 100 Days Of Rain 00:28:10
    06. Hark, The Herald Hermit Speaks 00:35:43
    07. She Shares My Blanket 00:41:03
    08. Behold The Seer 00:45:43
    09. Shore Power 00:52:22
    10. Rosalee 00:58:00
    11. Glow 01:08:15

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  24. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Unfortunately I missed the Seattle show but had to chime in that Barefoot In The Head is an absolutely incredible album! This one has really grown in me. Agree with a few others that I love the streamlined but powerful acoustic sound and the piano is beautiful. Dog Eat Sun is mind-blowing elite level material!!!

25. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Yeah, Big Moon Ritual and Barefoot are definitely my two favourites. Really looking to forward to the new album, which is apparently a lot more electric and rockin’, according to interviews. It would’ve been hard to top Barefoot if they’d done another acoustic-based album, I think.
    Absolutely agree that Dog Eat Sun is a stunning track!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.