Chris Robinson Brotherhood - Phosphorescent Harvest

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Further, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

I picked up a second pressing from Sister Ray, Berwick St, Soho in London but that was in their sale last year. Have been back in since and they're not stocking it. I'd go for Amazon now or any indie store that can order it for a decent price. I'd suggest its more than likely you'll pick up a 2nd pressing nowadays rather than first.

2. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Are there any UK fans who need a ticket for Koko? Not even sure if it's sold out, but I have a ticket. Been looking forward to this gig for ages, but now I can't make it. I paid £26.25 for it inc booking fees. Happy to let it go for £25 and I will cover the recorded delivery first class post. Message me if you want it. I will try and put it on seatwave or something otherwise.

3. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I'm in exactly the same boat. Only issue is my ticket hasn't arrived yet and I'm off to Sydney in 1.5hrs!

4. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Sorry to hear that, Graham! My own commitment is far less exciting... Roll on another CRB European tour...

5. #OneOccupation

#OneOccupation Well-Known Member

I wonder why only 1 set in Lucerne?
    Hmmmm

6. erikullvin

erikullvin Forum Resident

They did have vinyl at the Gothenburg gig, but sold out quickly. I do however think they set aside a certain quantity for each gig.

7. Almost Simon

Interesting, was it just the last album? Very much looking forward to Monday night.

8. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

That is odd.

9. Almost Simon

So i'm intrigued about start times for the show, how long they typically play for each set and how long the interval is? I take it there's no support act and typically UK gigs end between 2230-2300, just wondering what time they'll likely be on stage in London?

10. Who'sTommy

Who'sTommy Forum Resident

In Maastricht (NL) the times were:
    20:30 - 22:00 - Set 1
    22:30 - 23:50 - Set 2

Almost Simon likes this.
  11. Almost Simon

Thank you. With UK shows needing to end before 2300 i'll have to expect a 1930 start. Will make sure i'm there early.

12. erikullvin

It was the last album and the Seeds 7 inch. They had some cds, three t-shirts, beer cozies and limited edition posters (I wanted to get one but was not in the mood to hold it all night).

13. #OneOccupation

They were a bit under the weather and Chris' vocals werent 1oo%

14. #OneOccupation

they hit the stage in Madrid closer to 21:00

15. Almost Simon

That's settled then, i'll be there early. T-shirt and poster is a must. Can I ask how much they cost??

16. erikullvin

Approx £20 for the Ts and 25 for the in Sweden.
    And I'm jealous that you still get to see a show when mine is in the rear view mirror. It was awesome. I hade high hopes and was still positively surprised.

17. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

They'll never rock that thing as hard as the Stacey Bros did in NEM.

18. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Did anyone here actually make it to the London show last night? If so, how was it?

19. Almost Simon

Cracking show in Camden last night. Great set list, very pleased. Definitely up there with the best Crowes show I've seen. Body language much better than those last Crowes shows, you can tell Chris is enjoying this, certainly more than his previous band and CRB are so tight live. Noted they are a band permanently on tour. Loved it and they played Hello L.A., I Aint Hiding, Vibration & Light and Rosalee so this is one happy gig goer.

[​IMG]

erikullvin and #OneOccupation like this.
  20. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Thanks for the report, Simon. Sorry to have missed the show. Looks like there are a number of new songs coming through there.

21. Almost Simon

Yes, I'm not clear which are new and which may be covers, noted that Got Love, Hello L.A., the Dylan tune and After Midnight are covers, will have a search this morning.

I think the only song from my wish list they missed was Appaloosa. A few shouts from the crowd for them to play that but sadly not last night. They came on about 20.05 and I think (didn't check my watch,) played just over an hour for the first set. Then back on at 21.40 and played until 2300. I left during After Midnight to avoid the rush (noted the last encore I missed was when Jimmy Page guested with the Crowes, lesson learnt!)

I didn't buy a tee shirt in the end, posters looked good but £30 was too pricey for me. Was happy with just seeing the show. Really hope they come back to Europe again, nice to see they finally made it over, great response from the audience. If Chris had really been up for it (I know its not his style,) and stopped singing during Rosalee the crowd would've taken over for the "is the air getting thinner, or are we getting high."

Matthew Tate and windfall like this.
  22. #OneOccupation

The only "new" songs are Roan County Banjo and Aint it Hard but Fair, which they played every night of he tour
    I'm excited to get back stateside and catch up with the west coast run in April

23. Almost Simon

Do we know when a new album is out? Or even if its been recorded yet? Perhaps just road-testing the songs before heading to the studio.

Played Phospherescent Harvest on vinyl this morning. Sounding great, Badlands Here We Come stuck in my head right now.

24. Who'sTommy

Who'sTommy Forum Resident

"Can You Hear Me?" is also a new song, if I'm not mistaken.

There were some pictures posted online, which showed them recording in the studio. According to this interview, the album is almost finished and he reveals the album's title.
    "When will it be released? It’s going to be a summertime thing—if we can get it together in the next two weeks before the tour, our maiden [European] voyage."

Almost Simon likes this.
  25. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

Anyway you love, we know how you feel.

#OneOccupation likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.