Chris Robinson Brotherhood - Phosphorescent Harvest

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Further, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erikullvin

erikullvin Forum Resident

This is a longshot, but could you perhaps be the man I spoke to during the break in Gothenburg?

2. #OneOccupation

#OneOccupation Well-Known Member

Nope, I wasnt at that show, unfortuntely

erikullvin likes this.
  3. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

I think Elusive Disc is out of stock on the 2nd pressing?

4. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

HMMM, never mind- looks like its back in stock and I just ordered.

5. #OneOccupation

6. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Damn, one of the great unsung bass players today. Glad I saw him last summer.

#OneOccupation likes this.
  7. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i remember when he was in l.a. guns

8. Further

Further Forum Resident Thread Starter

That's a bummer but the upside is his replacement (at least temporarily) is George Reiff. Love that guys playing and the fact that he was the bassist for New Earth Mud doesn't hurt, either. I sometimes wish for a return to the sound of the New Earth Mud days. Those were some damn fine shows and the band smoked.

telepicker97 and #OneOccupation like this.
  9. #OneOccupation

I agree. NEM was heavier, edgier. And I wanna hear Mother of Stone dammit

telepicker97 likes this.
  10. Crossfire#3

Crossfire#3 Forum Resident

A bit too much of MacDougall's keyboards, cheesy and otherwise---when ya got Casal in the band he should get the nod 75% of the time for solos and fills around vocals

Who'sTommy likes this.
  11. moops

moops Senior Member

I have to admit, I still haven't bought Phosphorescent Harvest ....... the reviews put me off, and every review I read mentioned the keyboards, and in a negative way at that. :cry:

12. erikullvin

erikullvin Forum Resident

There's no such thing as to much of MacDougalls keyboards in my opinion. Off course there shuld be lots of room for Casal.

southamorican likes this.
  13. Further

Further Forum Resident Thread Starter

I sure wouldn't have any problem with more extended leads from Neal, that's for sure! With that being said, if Adam left the band, a major part of the CRB sound would be missing. Whether that's good or not, depends on your taste. haha. He definitely has some over the top parts here and there but he's also very capable at adding just the right amount of that special something at other times. Extremely talented player. He's basically responsible for the spaciness of their sound, which is cool but a lot of times I wish he would reel it in a bit and play more within the framework of the song.

14. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

:wiggle:

15. Crossfire#3

Crossfire#3 Forum Resident

Perhaps it's based on his contributions to the latter days of the Crowes, particularly when LutherD was in the band, but Adam excels at almost imperceptibly filling holes and decorating arrangements...

16. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Ummm...yeah, I mean, he was ok, but Ed is really the ONLY keyboard player for TBC. In my mind (and many others'), Adam really butchered classics like Wiser Time and Descending. He was fine on the newer stuff...but he had no regard for even trying to catch the vibe of Eddie's playing, and his Wiser solo sounded like the Super Mario Bros theme, all funky staccato on a clavinet...whereas Eddie was like rolling his fingers over a Fender Rhodes and giving it a mellow, jazzy/country 'Riders on the Storm crossed with Bill Evans' feel. And 'Descending' should never have been played without Eddie.

2007-2010 Crowes was about as satisfying as half a sandwich when you're starving to death lol

Further likes this.
  17. #OneOccupation

Apparently Big Moon Ritual has been reissued on vinyl and is now available at a reasonable price on Amazon and the usual outlets

18. macdaddysinfo

macdaddysinfo Forum Resident

#OneOccupation likes this.
  19. JPJs Bass Guitar

JPJs Bass Guitar Forum Resident

I have a spare, still sealed copy if anyone wants to drop me a PM.

20. LeeGriffin

LeeGriffin Forum Resident

This may have been answered before and I missed it. I apologize if so. Is there any way to tell if a pressing is a first or second pressing? I see plenty of copies of this album in stores but I put off buying it because I don't want to pick up the first pressing by mistake.

21. Anyone know if Amazon.ca is stocking the 2nd press vinyl of this? Or any of the marketplace retailers? Last Amazon.ca review is from Feb 2016 and says it was the 1st pressing they received.

gregk72 likes this.
  22. gregk72

gregk72 Forum Resident

I second that. Would love a copy of the 2nd pressing.

23. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Elusivedisc.com has it

24. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

My advice is to find it, physically in person. It's the copy without the big "CRB" hype sticker.

25. Unfortunately for me in small-town Canada my physical options are limited.

I guess the only way to be sure is to order from one of the US-based sites and get killed on not just the exchange but the shipping too :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.