Classic Records - a good choice?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kipper15, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

Well, it depends on what you consider correct musically. Some would consider the off-pitch version (reproduced by Classic on side 1 of the 2-LP version) correct since it duplicates the pitch people knew the music at for many years. Others would say the correct-pitch version is correct since the off-pitch version is only that way since the recorder that made that recording wasn't running correctly when the sessions were recorded and playing that tape back at the proper speed yields an off-pitch result - since there are existing tapes that were made on a machine running at the same time running at the proper speed that now play back at the correct pitch when playing at the proper speed that this is the correct version of these 3 songs. This was what Classic used for their side 3 in the 2-LP version. These are the tapes Sony/Classic/Legacy has used since the gold CD issue and for any subsequent releases of those tracks.

I feel the tapes recorded at the correct speed that play back properly when played at the correct speed now is the correct version, but I'm sure there are many that will disagree with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.