Classic Records LP's vs remastered CD's

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SteveSDCA, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveSDCA

SteveSDCA Senior Member Thread Starter

Are the Classic Records Zep LP's better than the remastered CD's? Please only answer this if you are objective and don't love LP's and hate CD's or the other way around.

2. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

I am currently enjoying the LPs more than the CDs :) The remastered CDs can sometimes feel as though the emphasis is in the wrong place - over exaggerating certain elements - the LPs are a more musically balanced offering (to me).

All the best - Andrew

3. Dave B

Dave B Senior Member

I too prefer the LPs over the CD's. Both are a little on the bright side but I find the LPs to have a more musical flow.

4. Loud Listener

Loud Listener Forum Resident

I have all the Led Zep LPs too and are very impressed with them.

Most of them are quiet pressings. Houses of the Holy is noisy on The Rain Song and No Quarter and IV is noisy on Stairway to Heaven, but otherwise they are quiet.

5. Mike V

Mike V New Member

Listen closely, this might be damage to the master you're noticing! It sounds like crap, really. But I'll take it over a remix anyday. Hell, give me both.

I don't have the CDs, but you shouldn't be without the Classic vinyl. It's how these recordings were sequenced and designed to be heard. Anyone can buy a CD & play it, be a rebel & enjoy the vinyl!

6. ultron9

ultron9 The quest for perspicuity and grace continues...

I echo the sentiments on the Classic LPs. Generally they are excellent (Led Zep III being particular good).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.