Classic UK gear

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by aashton, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aashton

aashton Here for the waters... Thread Starter

Just saw two very interesting items up on eBay - a pair of NOS Quad II amps still sealed in their boxes :) The seller hasn't opened the boxes but has had them x-rayed which I think is neat :) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3280&item=3012006660 The same seller also has a NOS Garrard 301 turntable - a thing of beauty if you ask me - the two together would make the foundation of a classic British system - there can't be many of these left in this condition. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3284&item=3012007189.

All the best - Andrew

2. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

Neat.

Will you be bidding Andrew?

John

3. aashton

aashton Here for the waters... Thread Starter

I doubt it John - though I keep consider getting hold of a 301 and a 401 so who knows (indecisive me, I don't think so - what do you think ;) ) If I bought the Quads I don't think I could open them - they may be unique the way they are and Quad II's are quite easy to pick up for not much money here. they belong in the Quad museum really.

All the best - Andrew

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Besides, having sat for all this time, those Quads would probably need massive work to get them up to spec. Nothing worse for electronic equipment than to NOT use it.

5. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

What do you think of the Quad sound, Aashton?

There are some over here - mid priced but bad cosmetics - that I am considering buying for a 'surround' system.....

6. sgraham

sgraham New Member

That Garrard is really neat to look at, but it's certainly not one of the best sounding turntables ever made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.