Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Classical Corner Classical Music Corner (thread #38)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by George P, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronth

Bronth Active Member

An interesting read. :righton: And an instance of the case when I wish I could kill those who didn't record those sessions. Brutal me. (As for Richter - of course, all things are relative, although I was really amazed and saddened at how much of his output was "spoiled" by poor recording quality and, to a lesser but even more noticeable extent, those self-indulgent coughing individuals whom I can't really describe as "listeners".)

EDIT: Oops, you guys are fast! Should I do anything with this post to save it from obscurity?

2. coopmv

coopmv Newton 1/30/2001 - 8/31/2011

Is this conductor from your country or neighboring country?

[​IMG]

3. Bronth

Bronth Active Member

She's Estonian, i.e. she's from the neighboring Baltic country to the North from Latvia (strictly speaking, the Estonians are closer to the Finns origin-wise). Thus she's a compatriot of Neeme and Paavo Järvi.

EDIT: BTW, Stuart, let's relocate to the new thread. Or would you like to continue a super private dialogue here until the post counter reaches 2000? :winkgrin:

4. coopmv

coopmv Newton 1/30/2001 - 8/31/2011

I think George is about to start thread #39 ...

5. Bronth

Bronth Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.