Clearaudio Concept Question

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by stuckbetweenstations, May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuckbetweenstations

stuckbetweenstations New Member Thread Starter

Hi all:

Just completed my system - last piece was a Clearaudio Concept Turntable with Satisfy tone arm and a Performer V2 MM cartridge. Running it through a Cronus Magnum 2 and KEF LS50 speakers.

All sounds great - I'm really happy with it.

One minor thing that I noticed with the Concept turntable that I just want to confirm is normal. A very faint squeak comes from the platter when I switch on the motor. The squeak stops immediately. It seems to be coming from the platter brushing something lightly as the noise does not happen when the platter is removed. Just hoping to confirm this is normal. Again, no noise at all once it gets going. Everything sounds great.

Thanks.

2. Davey

Davey NP: a.s.o. ~ a.s.o. (2023 LP)

Just the belt squeaking a little at startup. Without the platter, there isn't nearly as much inertia to overcome at startup.

Hazelmullins and rcsrich like this.
  3. CMT

CMT Forum Resident

My brand new Rega Planar 6 does the same thing. Entirely normal, as long as it doesn't continue beyond immediate start-up.

Hazelmullins likes this.
  4. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

When I owned a Concept, I was in the habit of giving the platter a spin manually before I switched it on, no squeak and it got up to speed faster.

5. stuckbetweenstations

stuckbetweenstations New Member Thread Starter

Thanks very much, all. Really helpful - and good to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.