SH Spotlight Compact Disc mastering: 1980's vs. "newly remastered"--Steve's thoughts in 2003 and 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Mar 13, 2003.

1. alduchaney

alduchaney In my second circle and heading for the top

What were the two cases that you preferred a remaster, other than the Beatles? Or, were the 2009s one of the two?

2. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

From what I experienced recording audio off Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show last night off my Spectrum cable feed all this brickwalling concern may all go away if streaming takes over especially if the streaming source does some boosting, "sweetening" of the dynamics unlike what's been heard or described here.

Last night I recorded at CD standard resolution on my laptop The Band's Visit and Katrina Lenk's "Omar Sharif".

The sound I captured has a 3D sound stage quality that's missing in the YouTube version. Also there is an NBC link I found in Googling this performance where it says..."Sorry we can't play this video in its intended "experience" because we're unable to load the accompanying message from our sponsors" which I'm assuming "experience" is referencing this 3D HD quality.

My version I recorded is very loud and VERY 3D. It's like they're in the room with me. The file in Audacity is not brickwalled.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  3. mwheelerk

mwheelerk If You Fly A Flag Of Hate You Ain't No Kin To Me

Hot Tuna Burgers and Rory Gallagher Deuce because the remaster was the original mix.

alduchaney likes this.