Complete MFSL catalogue for sale

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Jake!, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

People don't always buy Beatles stuff for the sound.

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Amen. I was reminded of those people by an honest seller the other day...$120.00 for a record nearly unlistenable, but best appreciated by a completist.

$120 for a record not played ? My father's ghost would come back, and kick my...:laugh:

3. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Some of these prices are at least 30% more than I've seen the same items (in the same condition, apparently) sell for lately.

Strange...

4. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

Crazy prices!

5. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

I agree. I got the Equinoxe Sealed for $109 about 6 months ago.
    Do you reckon there is more going on here than meets the eye?
    Why are so many bidders committing themselves with high prices so early in the auction? Hmmm:confused:

6. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Still a couple of decently priced items if you sort by lowest price first.

7. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

I think the same, :eek: really amazing, I need win the lotto today! :D

8. power popper

power popper Forum Resident

I've always marveled at the deep pockets some people have for that perceived once-in-a-lifetime item, recognizing that each of us could spend far more than the norm for his or her individual "holy grail". Still, a person could purchase 10 or even 100 items with the same degree of excellent sound for the price that some of these will sell for. And this statement, mind you, is coming from an owner of more than a handful of DCCs, AFs and XRCDs.

I understand sound quality, the collector's bug, supply and demand, bragging rights, etc., but I hope these sky-high bids don't persuade all sellers to raise their prices on semi-rare records and CDs to unattainable levels.

9. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

by the way, whats the worth of a company like mofi sell just some low quantities of products? the branding of the company? I mean why not sell the products in a lot quantities, of that way we can have al the mofi collection in our homes haha

10. Peter_R

Something odd, certainly...

11. Shilling?

12. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Ditto!

I saw this auction awhile back when prices were no where near what they are now and even then I was thinking crazy.

Some of those prices are outrageous. They are sealed and sealed lps can and often do fetch a premium but these prices seem over the top.

13. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I found on Ebay when you list a lot of the same items you get much more interest than if you just list one or two. All the auctions help each other.

14. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

So suspicion is that there is a ringer driving up prices? On the other hand, I routinely see music sell on Ebay for more than one could buy brand new from Amazon or sites like dead.net, etc. People do seem to get caught up in the bidding.

15. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

In the case of the Equinoxe cd, somebody on the 13th (7 days ago) set a maximum bid of $320 :whistle: and set their identity to "Private".:whistle:
    Its now up to $322.
    Why would somebody in their right mind do that? These CDs can be got for less than $120 sealed with a bit of patience.

16. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Why would someone bid $322 is a better question.

17. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

gee not that great JVC Pressing's in crappy shirt cardboard,for those prices??

18. Peter_R

The first Doors album sold for $100.00 more than I was asking for it here...

Oh well...

19. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

Is there a reason that the Journey ESCAPE lp brought almost $2000? Is there a story behind this, or just a bunch of Journey fans with money to burn in a bidding war?

After seeing these prices, I may need to look at selling off some of my still sealed MFSL cds. I see that the 2cd Cream live set was ~$275.

20. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

I have eBay'd some in the past. They do pretty well. I had a Nirvana - Nevermind that sat sealed on the shelf for a long while. When the ORG version came out I bought that and sold the MOFI for $150.

21. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

I think that MFSL lost its licence to go ahead with the print run on the album. Hence its rarity.

I placed bids on three items in this auction. Won two. Outbid on the third item.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.