Component(s) of your audio system that are "end game" and you don't have the urge to upgrade?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TheVinylAddict, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikeybc

Mikeybc Listener

Don't plan of getting rid of my ProAc Response 2.5's and Moon 240i integrated.

mreeter likes this.
  2. mkane

mkane Strictly Analog

Phono pre amps and speakers

mreeter likes this.
  3. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Hard to say end game as in forever, but I don't plan to upgrade my Oppo BDP-205 (which I uses as my disc player and DAC) anytime soon; and I am content with my Blue Jeans interconnects.

Wenthrope and mreeter like this.
  4. scotto

scotto Senior Member

All of 'em at present.

mreeter likes this.
  5. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

It certainly depends on how much space we end up with (retiring and major downsizing). If we have the room to accommodate a Turntable and associated gear, then yes. In the meantime I'm going to start Digitizing my Vinyl, just in case we don't.

TheVinylAddict likes this.
  6. Hab

Hab Forum Resident

My P6 is end game, it's as much as I want to spend for my love of vinyl, I will upgrade the cart from an Ortofon Blue to a Bronze or possibly Black if funds allow in the future.

As long as its supported my Node 2 and M-DAC combo are keepers as well.

Only thing I might change at some point are my B&W CM8's, got a bit of a love/hate relationship with them.

7. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found Thread Starter

Wow, when you say downsizing -- you really mean downsizing!! :cool:

mreeter likes this.
  8. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

LOL Yes, my new listening space will be in a Family Room or hopefully a small Library. I've been spoiled by a dedicated room:winkgrin:

9. TheVinylAddict

I see.

Tell you what, right before you get the urge to drive the Modwright LS100 and PH9 down to Goodwill, send me a PM. :righton::angel:

ellingtonic, Tartifless and mreeter like this.
  10. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

LOL, will do;)

11. JMCIII

JMCIII Music lover first, audiophile second.

It's taken me years and year, upgrade after upgrade, lots of $$$ and not just a little bit of luck to have evolved my system - as it stands now - into my final system. I feel no urge to upgrade, at all. Will I? Of course, I'll have too. Cartridges wear out. Disc players break. But short of "having" to replace a piece that no longer works, I won't be changing my turntable/arm, integrated amp, speakers, or cables. And depending on how long it lasts, my digital player either. I have found nirvana!

ellingtonic, mreeter, bever70 and 2 others like this.
  12. TheVinylAddict

I can relate to this. Through the 70's, 80's and 90's I evolved different gear and systems -- then in the mid to late 90's due to marriage, kids, travel for my job I sold off or gave away most of my gear, bought a mid level AVR / HT system, and put my vinyl in storage.

A few years back I took the vinyl back out of storage and currently in the midst of that "evolution" you referred to. I think I am close -- I would like to end game my power amp, and maybe play around with one or two more phono pre's and a TT or two -- then cool my jets into a fast approaching retirement!

What this also means is there is going to be a gear sale in the next year or two of all the things that didn't make the final cut.

JMCIII and Big Blue like this.
  13. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

I honestly think I would like to be done spending money on hardware in the near future and focus on records (plus, there are supposedly other things in life that cost money...). But, let’s be realistic, at some point I am going to wonder if my speakers would benefit noticeably from more power, or if I would like to hear what tubes bring to the mix, or how much better a more expensive phono stage can sound... I think I’m much closer to the beginning of this thing than the end.

14. Sane Man

Sane Man Forum Resident

Have a McIntosh Mc2505 amp and a MX110Z Tuner/preamp that's currently getting the Audio Classic treatment. Those are both end game for me. I see a vinyl nirvana Thorens TD-160 in my future and speakers will come last. Given my finances and my love for those units, I see that as being my end game.

15. TheVinylAddict

The journey, at least to me, can be just as fun if not funner (if that's a word) than the destination!!

As far as LP's -- I've managed to do a better job on those than gear -- when I took the LP's out of storage there were around 600, now a few years later I am pushing 4000. :wtf::crazy: WTF?

Actually - I was able to score a couple of big collections for a "price I could not refuse" and I have cleaned up at local record stores and thrifts --- which I have religiously been combing now for a couple of years.

Plus of course a few hundred LP's I have bought new 180g pressings of........

If you are enjoying it, that is all that counts..................

Big Blue likes this.
  16. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

I thought I saw you in the neighborhood the other day:D

[​IMG]

17. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

At this point all my components, with the only target in the near future being speaker cable.

mreeter likes this.
  18. matt0505

matt0505 Forum Resident

I think I'm past the "urge to upgrade" part of my life, I played that game for a little while and at some point I came to the conclusion that for how much money I'm willing/able to spend on audio components, I have probably about as good of stuff as I'm capable of.

At this point I'm probably more likely to downsize than upgrade.

spiralgalaxy5 and Eigenvector like this.
  19. TheVinylAddict

LOL....!!!!

Is that a banjo I hear??

mreeter likes this.
  20. J.Hammershaug

J.Hammershaug Forum Resident

Don't never ever get rid of the HIIIs. I've first hand experience with that... Proud owner of Forte III, but damn, those Heresies can't be beaten when it comes to attack and soundstage IMHO.

21. dsf

dsf Well-Known Member

Rega Planar 3 but I might upgrade the Rega Carbon cart someday - it works fine with the conical stylus on most of my (used) LPs. I did buy a elliptical replacement stylus made by Audio Technica for LP gear but haven't tried it yet. That might be all I really need.

22. samurai

samurai Step right up! See the glory, of the royal scam.

Of course I don't feel the "need" to upgrade.
    But I probably will because I like to try out new things..

23. CN211276

CN211276 Forum Resident

Satisfied with what I have.

24. TheVinylAddict

Get off the board now, or guaranteed that will change! :help:

George P likes this.
  25. Mike-48

Mike-48 A shadow of my former self

In my desktop system: the Harbeth P3ESR and the Marsh A400s amplifier. Each a great product, and they work well together.

In my main system, I don't have the urge to update anything right now, but hey, it's a hobby! Still, I don't know of any speakers that would fit the room better, and that I'd like more, than my Janszen Valentinas.

art and TheVinylAddict like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.